Academy District 20
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Academy District 20
The mission of Academy District 20 is to educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and to provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities that meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation, and the world.
The SPED Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) will perform various direct student care activities under the supervision of a registered school nurse. The CNA will work collaboratively with the special education team and provide direct services as defined within the individual student’s health care plan and/or Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
The job description information below is under review by the Human Resources Department and may not necessarily contain all elements of the position. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time. This information does not create a contractual relationship with the staff member and includes such duties, services, activities, tasks, and related assignments that shall generally be assigned by an administrator as part of the functions of this position.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Performs various direct student care activities under the supervision of a registered school nurse
- Utilizes nursing skills to care for students requiring medical interventions to include, but not limited to: gastrostomy, measuring vital signs, feeding, oxygen administration, diapering, assistance in activities of daily living, helping with grooming, toileting, oral hygiene, performing range of motion exercises, transferring and assisting in ambulation.
- Attends and participates in students’ IEP meetings
- Independently supports and implements students’ IEP goals and objectives in school setting
- Act as a communication link to inform appropriate supervisors of progress, changes, problems, and equipment needs
- Provide ongoing communication with appropriate staff, parents, and supervisors regarding student progress
Must possess and renew/maintain Colorado Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification
Must possess, or be willing to obtain and renew/maintain, CPR and First Aid Certification
Demonstrate effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accommodate need for flexible scheduling
- Knowledge and skills related to restorative care, emergency procedures (to include CPR/First Aid certified), infection control, mental health awareness, and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong assessment skills in recognizing when a student requires further medical intervention beyond the scope of a CNA
- Possess strong skills and knowledge related to the administration and awareness of adverse or side effects of a variety of medications and basic nursing care
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- Work is generally performed in the school setting or visits within the community.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
- Ability to meet the physical and self-help needs of students (toileting, feeding, dressing, and transfers)
- Lifts/pushes/pulls or carries burdens weighing up to 50 lbs.; may have to lift students when assistance is required
- Ability to physically escort a student to various locations
- Conducts activities involving climbing, stooping, kneeling/bending, crouching/squatting, twisting, and reaching
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
New Applicants: Please note that if you are hired by District 20, fingerprinting is required. You will be responsible for the cost of fingerprinting.
All custodial positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds and to push/pull burdens up to 100 pounds.
All special education positions require the ability to safely lift 50 pounds each in a two person lift.
|Current District 20 Staff:|
|Current District 20 staff members should complete a transfer request form and return it to the Human Resources Office. The transfer request form and important transfer information can be found on the District 20 Intranet site: Click on Resources and Forms, click on Forms and Documents, click on 20Net Human Resources Documents, click on HR_Other_Forms_Miscellaneous, and click on the document name HIRING - Transfer Request Form.|
|New applicants must register with the Academy District 20 Employment Opportunities site and complete the online application.|
|Please identify your interest in specific positions on the Preferences page of the online application.|
|Since school administrators will be able to access your completed online application, please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting.|