Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
340B Pharmacy Program Coordinator
at Adelante Healthcare
The 340B Program Coordinator is responsible for contributing to Adelante’s 340B drug pricing program integrity. This includes but is not limited to participating in related projects/initiatives, compliance, auditing, training, vendor selection and medication management related to the 340B program.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Certified Pharmacy Technician required
- Medical Assistant preferred
- 340B experience strongly preferred
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a health care or pharmacy setting
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory control, distribution and price/cost analysis
- Excel experience required
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Conducts monthly audits of all 340B eligible locations to verify adherence with the 340B program guidelines and policies. Coordinates and ensures remediation of findings.
- Prepares and assists in the monitoring, tracking and reporting measurements to ensure compliance with the program.
- Provides regular education to staff on policies and procedures related to 340B compliance.
- Monitors utilization records and 340B purchasing accounts to ensure the software/tools are working properly and accurately. Coordinates external compliance assessments with outside firms where appropriate to validate internal processes.
- Evaluates patient eligibility for qualified and non-qualified patients by reviewing patient medical records and insurance plans.
- May assist in the development of program resources, tools, policies and procedures to support the 340B program.
- Tracks, trends, and reports 340B pharmaceutical sales and purchases data to insure provider/physician and patient eligibility and review ineligibility reports.
- Assists with documentation of policy and procedures
- Collaborates with Adelante’s Credentialing team and the external Pharmacy Data Informatics Designees to ensure that the PBMs and contract pharmacies have up to date provider lists
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.