ARIZONA HEALTH CARE COST CONTAINMENT SYSTEM Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Public Health Nursing Consultant
First Resume Review: 09/03/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
HIRING INCENTIVE: A $3,000 sign on bonus is being offered; to be distributed in two payments of $1,500 each; the first $1,500 at hiring and the second payment of $1,500 upon the successful completion of six (6) months in the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Public Health Nursing Consultant. After extensive training, this position has the potential of being worked from home with some in office meetings. Under the general direction of the Medical Management (MM) Manager and Supervisor, this position will monitor and evaluate Medical Management programs for the AHCCCS Complete Care Contractors, Arizona Long Term Care System and RBHA Contractors. Provide oversight of the MM process at the Contractor level. Participate in the Operational Reviews and develop, update, review and interpret policy pertaining to MM. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Prepares for and participates in the Operational Reviews to include the review of pre-audit documents and policies, on site audit, formal written documentation of findings and monitoring the corrective Action Plans as applicable.
* Review, research & approve transplant services for Tribal Fee-for Service members. Document in transplant database, create cases in PMMIS & send letter of approval to the transplant facilities. In the case of potential denial of services, the MM specialist will present the clinical information to the Medical Director (MD). If MD denies the request, an appropriate Notice of Action must be issued to the member & notify requesting provider
* Reviewing catastrophic cases to ensure that AHCCCS clinical criteria for reinsurance are met. Creating reinsurance cases and providing written approval letters to each Contractor.
* Review of the annual Medical Management/Utilization Management (MM/UM) Plan, work Plan and Evaluation for each Contractor along the written communication outlining any deficiencies that need to be corrected.
* Provides oversight of transplant reinsurance for each Contractor including sending letters of approval and maintaining the reinsurance case in PMMIS.
* Provides technical assistance to the Contractors as needed relating the MM policies, transplant activities or catastrophic reinsurance.
* Attends Quarterly Medical Director meetings, Quarterly MM meetings and other ad hoc meetings as necessary. Participates in the Transplant Coordinators Work Group and acts as liaison between AHCCCS Contractors and transplant facilities.
* Assists in the review and revision of MM policies as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): * Nursing principles and practices
* Principles and practices of medical management
* Federal regulations, State statute, rule, policy and procedure governing the AHCCCS program.
* AHCCCS contractual agreements with Contractors
* Working knowledge of Word and Excel
* Current medical knowledge including evidence based medicine standards
* Analytical skills to interpret utilization management data
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Multi-task in a fast paced environment, reprioritizing as needed.
* Develop, implement and review case management and utilization review systems.
* Communicate with all levels of professionals, corporate and agency officers and members.
* Ability to work Virtual Office
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE(S): * Experience working for an AHCCCS Contractor
* Three years of clinical experience
* Ability to work independently and Utilization management skills
BENEFITS At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Please apply for this position by following the link provided below. A new window will open on your screen and you will be directed to the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) employment website.