Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthy Intake Coordinator
at Arizona Humane Society
POSITION SUMMARY: Manage the day-to-day operations of Project Reachout. Build and maintain positive relations with source organizations by providing exemplary customer service, timely responses and resources. Aid in the the development and execution of special projects and incentives to recruit and retain source partner organizations. Coordinate transport from source organizations to pull healthy, fast-trackable, adoptable pets. Collaborate with Capacity Team to reserve kennel space for weekly intake. Intake and medically evaluate pets received from source organization. Ensure department operations run smoothly. Carry out duties and responsibilities as sole department staff and assist in training all new volunteers. Assist Rescue Partnership Coordinator as needed with rescue releases, relationships, and partner alerts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the coordination of duties and responsibilities of Project Reachout.
- Foster and maintain excellent relationships with source organizations in the local community and nationwide.
- Inquire weekly to local and national source organizations to locate healthy, adoptable animals that may be at-risk or in need of placement.
- Act as point person for and conduct all communication with all source partner organizations. Escalate any concerns or issues to Adoptions, Rescue & Retail Manager as appropriate.
- Coordinate the pull of animals from source organizations, including delivery from and/or travel to partner shelter, as well as coordination of available kennel space at AHS with the Capacity Team.
- Handle animals properly and ensure humane transport for all animals.
- Drive safely and ensure that animals are kept in safe and humane conditions while being transported.
- Medically and behaviorally evaluate animals for potential adoptability.
- Intake and medically tech all pets transported to AHS through Project Reachout.
- At times, assist the Rescue Partnership Coordinator with basic duties of the rescue department, including release of pets to partner, partner inquiries, and execution of the daily Partner Alert.
- Ensure the department is adequately staffed with volunteers to meet peak demands as well as safe animal-handling, while maintaining high levels of customer service.
- Help train all new volunteers regarding animal safety, customer service, cashier duties, telephone inquiries, computer input and paperwork.
- Interact with and assist other personnel as needed.
- Consult regularly with the Adoptions, Rescue & Retail Manager regarding work schedule and department procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma OR equivalent
- Minimum of two years' experience in providing exemplary customer service.
- Must be able to operate in a fast paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be able to handle animals in all conditions and be able to train co-workers and volunteers in job duties and safe animal handling.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and customer service skills required.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral, written and public speaking skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Experience with animal handling and physical examination of animals a plus.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English; Spanish language helpful.
Mathematical Skills: Familiarity with cash handling operations is required.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Proficiency with or able to learn/use Chameleon software and Agile software. Proficiency with multiple social media platforms, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance. Access to reliable transportation. Must possess a valid Driver's License and have a clean driving record. Must be able to hear above the sound of the animals and be able to speak clearly and communicate well with employees and the public.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move greater than 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.