Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Support Specialist
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you want to be part of ensuring that every Arizona family has the resources and support needed to be safe, strong, and resilient? Seeking a passionate professional with experience working with children and families to be a part of our client support team in Chandler, AZ! As a Client Support Specialist you will be responsible for answering the office switchboard (consisting of multiple incoming lines), greeting client or visitors and directing them to the appropriate staff, and for providing clerical and intake support necessary for the effective provision of services to clients. Punctual attendance is mandatory in this position as continuous front desk and phone coverage is critical to daily operations. **English/Spanish Bilingual Required**
Who We Are:
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Eligibility for Medical, Dental, and Vision plans on the first of the month following 30 days of employment
* Employee Assistance Program
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
What You'll Do:
Opens and maintains the switchboard as scheduled.
* Retrieves any messages left overnight with the answering service.
* Answers all incoming calls promptly and courteously including scheduling, rescheduling or verifying
client appointments in the NextGen Healthcare Information System.
* Greets visitors and directs them to appropriate staff or notifies the appropriate staff as needed.
* Updates client demographics in NextGen Healthcare Information System.
* Scans documents and files them appropriately in client’s chart in the NextGen Healthcare Information
* Serves as back up for the Intake Scheduler when needed.
* Directs calls to the appropriate staff.
* Takes messages and forwards those messages to the appropriate staff. Messages will be complete and
legible with accurate phone numbers, correct names and contain all pertinent information received
from the caller.
* Screens calls as necessary for the Management staff.
* Collects all pertinent information from referral sources including, but not limited to psychological
evaluations, psychiatric evaluations, school reports, medical reports, and reports from other treatment
* Obtains missing information from referral source via telephone inquiry.
* Schedules client appointments with Psychiatrist or other professionals, and places reminder calls of
* Posts outgoing mail daily and prepares it for delivery to local post office.
* Retrieves incoming mail; opens, stamps received, and distributes to staff.
* Assists in various office procedures; i.e. copying, faxing, typing.
* Safely and effectively monitor client activities.
* Attends and participates in all required meetings.
* Maintains consistent attendance and punctuality to provide consistency in serving clients.
* Maintains reliable attendance and punctuality to provide stability in serving clients.
* Creates and maintains medical clinic records in a timely manner, according to standards and
* Completes all medical clinic scheduling as needed
* Retrieves phone messages on the med line multiple times throughout the day and returns them as
appropriate, documenting in electronic health record (EHR) as appropriate
* Follows up with client/guardian on missed appointments and re-schedules as necessary.
* Assists medical providers by taking vital signs and documenting appropriate in the electronic health
* Completes Primary Care Provider (PCP) Notification forms to communicate changes in medications,
diagnoses, lab work, etc.
* Assists with ensuring all lab work is ordered and received as requested by the medical provider.
* Completes medication prior authorization requests and coordinates with pharmacy as appropriate
* Uses AZ CSPMP website to check all patients with controlled medications prescriptions before
appointments or before communicating requested refills to the medical providers
* Interacts professionally, clearly and in a timely manner with internal and external customers, other
community professionals including pharmacies, primary care or other medical specialty offices, and
other behavioral health agencies.
* Participates in in-service training and educational opportunities outside the agency as required and as
time and resources permit.
* Must be able to safely and effectively monitor client activities while in the medical clinic, with or without
* Attends and participates in all required meetings.
* Performs work and represents AzCA in accordance with our mission, vision and values and Foundations
* Performs other duties as assigned, which are consistent with the general responsibilities of the position.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in office reception in a child welfare or behavioral health environment.
* If providing medical assisting must have a minimum 4 yrs. experience in medical office procedures,
behavioral health preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer