Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
In Home Clinician II / Therapist
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you have a passion for working with children and their families? Are you looking for a career where you are able to make an impact right in your own community? We have a great opportunity for you to join our team as an In Home Clinician II or Therapist out of our Surprise office. As an In Home Clinician II or Therapist with Arizona's Children Association you will be able to enjoy a very flexible schedule and the opportunity to work a portion of your hours from home while you provide the clinical evaluation and assessment of clients and their family’s situation, provide group and/or individual therapy in the client’s home; and maintain clinical files and complete required progress reports.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
Arizona's Children Association offers a flexible schedule with generous time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, reimbursement for licensure application fees and clinical supervision toward independent licensure, tuition reimbursement, a company provided computer and cell phone and more! The Surprise office is a fun location that holds many employee activities and is looking for a positive and motivated new team member to join our site.
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Conducts a full and ongoing assessment utilizing the program specific protocol, including verbal and written diagrams, summarizes central issues, themes and agreements reached, develops operational problem definition, assess structural functioning of individual in relationship to environment/milieu/family, conducts thorough child/family strengths and needs assessment.
* Engages the child/ family collaboratively in order to create safety and stability for each family member.
* Builds rapport and credibility simultaneously with varying individuals, family members, populations, stakeholders, and community members. Relates to variety of individuals with professionalism, warmth, empathy, acceptance and humor.
* Develops and implements successful trauma informed intervention including identifying the treatment method, collaboratively establish treatment plans that identify issues, goals and measurable objectives that are achievable in a reasonable time frame, interventions/strategies that address the assessment issues, and maintains timely progress notes that reflect movement towards goals/objectives.
* Provides effective trauma informed crisis management according to program guidelines (within each program/specialty).
* Plans for client treatment discharge/termination including establishing treatment plans that addresses projected length of care and discharge criteria, helping the family plan and prepare for discharge needs, maintaining progress notes that reflect movement towards goals/objectives. Makes follow-up referral as needed.
* Conducts educational activities to promote client understanding of the impact of trauma, treatment issues including medication, diagnosis, parenting skills.
* Establishes team commitment to common goals and an environment of mutual respect and understanding.
* Masters Degree in Counseling/Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* Associate License
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer