Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Specialist (Renal) - Avitum
at CAPS Pharmacy
Clinical Specialist (Renal) - Avitum
- Requisition ID
- B. Braun Medical Inc
- # of Openings
- Position Type
- Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00
- Corporate/Sales/ B. Braun of Canada/ BIS/ CeGat
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Position Summary: The Avitum Clinical Specialist will provide education/training to our existing or potential customers on the use of B. Braun Medical’s renal therapy products. The Clinical Specialist works with Sales Representatives and the Clinical Manager to advance the sales process and maximize customer satisfaction through in-service education, webinars, training programs, clinical and product trouble-shooting, and follow-up activities. Product focus revolves primarily around the Avitum renal therapies product line but may include any of the product portfolio. The clinical specialist functions as a clinical and product expert representing B. Braun Medical in the healthcare community.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Assists in sales support of the Renal Therapies Division.
- Aids the instruction and training of sales and clinical personnel on clinical aspects of the use of the Dialog/Diapact; develops clinical teaching materials; aids in the review and development of new product manuals; performs sales demonstrations for B. Braun Hemodialysis and CRRT machines; coordinates and implements the in-service/training of customers clinical staff in the use of assigned products during evaluation sessions and installation of the newly purchased equipment; delivers presentations to potential customer groups on subject materials related to B. Braun products.
- Delivers presentations to customer groups on subject materials related to B. Braun products facilitates the promotion of B. Braun products in the industry and exposes B. Braun’s commitment to the nephrology community.
- Conducts clinical and operational training for new clinical staff in house and in the field with the use of assigned products equipment perspective. In-service new sales personnel on the use of assigned products in the field setting, giving a clinical perspective.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires basic knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of other peers.
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Associate's or technical degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 04-06 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver's license and passport, Valid RN license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting , Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Constantly:Office environment