Centers Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Home Med Tech (CMT)
at Centers Health Care
Med Tech - Full Time
Oak Hill Center is seeking a qualified Medical Technician for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Pawtucket, RI. The ideal candidate will have post-high school coursework in medical services, or college degree, and have familiarity and true enjoyment from working with the needs of the infirm and the elderly.
- Accurately pour and endorse assistance with the medication of each individual
- Ensure consistency between the physician prescriptions, blister packs and medications poured for each resident
- Ensure timely and accurate medication orders and medication renewals
- Review medication refill log to compare with medication in storage cabinets
- Review of "no-refill" orders in the refill log and faxing of requests to MDs
- Review of receipt, storage, and documentation of medications delivered
- Communicate with the Medication Supervisor to clarify and ensure entitlements, prescriptions, and deliveries
- Maintain medical and medication information on all residents in their designated file
- Report residents who missed or refused medications to supervisor and case management
- Attend all mandatory scheduled in-service training programs
- Must have an active RI CNA and CMT license
- Previous experience and/or training as a Medtech is strongly preferred
- Post high school course work in medical services or college degree preferred
- Able to read, write, and communicate clearly in the English language
- Familiar with the needs of the infirm and the elderly
Shift Requirements: Full-time Schedule including every other weekend
Oak Hill Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 129-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the heart of Pawtucket, Rhode Island, near the banks of the Seekonk River. Caring for people at Oak Hill Center is more than a job, it’s calling, as we are dedicated to providing a warm and nurturing environment. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We want all residents to leave Oak Hill Center with dignity and independence. Oak Hill Center is a proud member of the Centers' Health Care continuum.