Circle the City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mid-Level Float (PA or NP)
at Circle the City
Mid-Level Float (PA or NP)
Summary of Position: Circle the City is a rapidly growing non-profit community health agency dedicated to providing high quality, holistic healthcare to people experiencing homelessness in Arizona. Our homeless continuum of care is one of a kind in the State of Arizona, and one of few similar models across the nation. Circle the City patients benefit from several different levels of care offered within our organization: The sickest of our patients are offered the opportunity to rest and heal in our two state-of-the-art 50-bed medical respite centers at the Midtown and Downtown locations. Additionally, patients suffering from mental illness may receive psychiatric consultation at any of our service sites, or many benefit from the more intensive, community-based services offered by our assertive community treatment team. Circle the City will also soon maximize our community outreach efforts via a 2-exam room mobile clinic, and street based medicine program, slated to launch later this year.
Circle the City strives to meet each of our clients “where they are,” without judgement or bias. We embrace a culture of dignity and respect for all our patients, staff members and community partners. Our approach to healing is holistic in nature, focusing on the important balance of physical, mental and spiritual health. We engage each of our patients with the goal of not only providing excellent care, but also of assisting them on their journey out of homelessness.
The Circle the City Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner will provide high quality holistic health care as an integral part of a dynamic interdisciplinary team. Care is provided in multiple settings including the two innovative 50-bed Medical Respite Centers, the Parsons Family Health Center, the Downtown Family Medical Center and the mobile medical unit, and street outreach sites.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing patient health by interviewing patients, performing examinations, obtaining, updating and studying medical histories.
- Collaborating and consulting with physicians as needed in the provision of care and the formulation of treatment plans
- Determining abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Instructing and counseling patients by describing therapeutic regimens; promotes wellness and health maintenance.
- Documenting patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Providing continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans and care transitions.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and procedures.
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Ability to work as a collaborative member of the healthcare team
- Licensed to practice as a Physician Assistant or Nurse practitioner in the state of Arizona
- Minimum of three years’ experience in either Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Emergency Medicine
- Experience in working with underserved populations highly desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer. All resumes will be reviewed for education and experience. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.