CODAC Health, Recovery & Wellness Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forensic Nurse Examiner
at CODAC Health, Recovery & Wellness Inc.
The Southern Arizona Center Against Sexual Assault (SACASA), a division of CODAC Health, Recovery & Wellness, is currently seeking qualified contractual candidates for Sexual Assault Forensic Examiners [SAFEs].
Role of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners
Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFEs) is a medical professional who has completed specialized education and clinical preparation in the medical forensic care of the patient who has experienced sexual assault or abuse.
Generally, there are five goals of an examination by a SAFE. These include (a) documentation and care of injuries, (b) collection of medical-legal evidence, (c) evaluation of risk and prophylactic treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), (d) evaluation of risk and emergency pregnancy interception, and (e) crisis intervention.
To become a SAFE, you must be a RN, NP, DNP, or MD, preferably with two years or more experience in areas of practice that require advanced physical assessment skills, such as emergency, critical care and maternal child health. In addition, a 41 hour didactic training for adults or 43 hour didactic training for Pediatric/Adolescent as well as a preceptorship consisting of observation of three exams and observed performance of three exams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs comprehensive sexual assault examination utilizing Colposcope, camera, etc. as appropriate.
- Documents assessment inclusive of blunt and sharp injuries accordingly.
- Develops Plan of Care reflective of current body of knowledge relating to sexual assault.
- Administers medications/drugs as appropriate to exam findings.
- Completes sexual assault evidence collection, provides discharge and follow-up care instructions and maintains chain of custody per ethical and/or legal statutes.
- Participates in ongoing legal process and court appearances as required by state statutes.
- Maintains confidentiality of the activities of the SACASA program unless required to by operation of law.
Skill / Requirements
1. AZ Licensed RN,NP, DNP or MD
- A minimum of 1 year relevant work experience
- Preferred two years clinical experience in any of the following areas:
- Emergency, Intensive Care, Pediatric, Maternal Child, Psychiatric and/or Forensic Nursing.
- Preferred Domestic Violence training.
1. CPR & First Aid Required
To apply directly please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online. If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.