Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SMI Rehabilitation Specialist
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Centro Esperanza 310 S. Extension Rd Mesa, AZ 85210
As a member of the clinical team, assists with the completion of assessments and service plans and implements requested services to members in accordance with their individualized service plan (ISP). Communicates and documents members progress toward their recovery. Coordinates and monitors rehabilitation-related services for members with serious mental illness.
Works with a maximum of 20 members, who the clinical team identifies, utilizing the criteria set forth in implementing the IPRPT Boston University Model. Works in partnership with assigned RSA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, community rehabilitation program providers, and other parties involved to assist members in increasing or maintaining involvement in learning, working, living and social activities.
Employees in this position must meet one of the following requirements which qualify them both as a behavioral health technician, and to be credentialed and privileged to conduct assessments and/or function as a Clinical Liaison:
Master’s degree in a behavioral health related field.
Bachelor’s degree in behavioral health related field and 2 years behavioral health work experience.
Master’s degree in non-behavioral health related field and 30 semester hours in behavioral health education (PM Form 3.20.1, see page 11) and two years behavioral health work experience.
Bachelor’s degree in non-behavioral health related field and 30 semester hours in behavioral health education (PM Form 3.20.1, see page 11) and four years behavioral health work experience.
Associate’s degree in behavioral health related field and four years behavioral health work experience.
Associate’s degree in non-behavioral health related field and 30 semester hours in behavioral health education (PM Form 3.20.1, see page 11) and five years behavioral health work experience.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS NOT REQUIRED, BUT PREFERRED
Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP), certified through the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program.
Licensures: If employee is a licensed behavioral health professional, he/she must also be credentialed and privileged before conducting assessments.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Works collaboratively with the clinical team to engage, educate, communicate, and coordinate care with member, their family, behavioral health, medical and dental providers, community resources and others in ensuring that all services prescribed in the individualized service plan are implemented.
Utilize the Boston University Intensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program Team Approach (IPRPT) to assess member’s needs including living, learning, working, and social leisure goals and assist members with reaching their desired role achievement in any or all of these environments.
Provides supportive services including, but not limited to, the following:
· Assistance in maintaining, monitoring and modifying covered behavioral health services;
· Brief telephone or face to face interactions with a person, family or other involved party for the purpose of maintaining or enhancing a person’s functioning;
· Assistance in finding necessary resources other than covered services to meet basic needs;
· Serves as a point of contact and to ensure ongoing collaboration including the communication of appropriate clinical information with other involved parties as appropriate and coordination of care with a person’s family, behavioral and general medical and dental health care providers, community resources, and other involved supports including educational, social, judicial, community and other State agencies;
· Ensures the provision of all covered services identified on the service plan; referrals to community resources as appropriate and coordination of care activities related to continuity of care between levels of care and across multiple providers, services and supports;
· Participates in staffings, case conferences or other meetings with or without the person or his/her family participating;
· Provides transportation to consumer as appropriate and determined by the clinical team;
· Assists clinical team in completing the service plan including providing recommendations as they pertain to the member’s educational, vocational, social, and community integration goals.
· Collaborates with the person and his/her family or significant others to implement an effective service plan, explaining the available clinical options to the team, including the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
· Maintains the person’s comprehensive clinical record, including documentation of activities performed as part of the service delivery process (e.g., assessments, provision of services, coordination of care, discharge planning).
· Provides continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment through the ongoing assessment of the person and input from the person and relevant others resulting in modification to the service plan as necessary.
· Pursues best practice outcomes for person with mental illness including continuing education, employment, independent housing and community tenure.
· Educates team members as the subject matter expert regarding rehabilitation and vocationally related issues and provides ongoing technical training and support to the team as requested or indicated including updates on available community resources, how to utilize the services of the co-located RSA/VR counselor or co-located vocational providers.
· Develops relationships with community employers, providers or other organizations to foster an increase in employment and meaningful community activity opportunities for members.
· Provides individual and group guidance in identified areas of need as determined by assessments including, but not limited to, the IPRPT model utilizing the Readiness Assessment, Functional Assessment, and Skill Development Modules, DB 101, and tools.
· Other duties as assigned.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and supervised directly by the Clinical Coordinator. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.