Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Attendants- FT Eve or PT All Shifts
at Elim Care
Newton Village, a 5-star rated, 24-bed facility, is currently seeking Part-Time and Full-Time Care Attendants to join our team! This position is ideal for people who will enjoy being a part of our great team of caregivers and making a difference in the lives of our residents.
Come and work at our award-winning facility! In 2019, we were rated one of the best nursing homes by US news, and were recently voted the best retirement community, best apartments, and best healthcare provider in Jasper County. We care about our staff and we show it by offering discounted meals, free meal tickets, and gifts for our staff once a month. Safety is our number one priority. Staff are provided with personal protective equipment. We also pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
There are Part-Time (All shifts) and Full-Time (Evening), benefit eligible positions available working varied schedules.
Care Attendant responsibilities:
- Help each resident reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence while assisting them with personal care and daily living activities.
- Assist with treatments as delegated by the Registered Nurse per individualized care plan.
- Take and record temperature, blood pressure, weight, pulse and respiration as instructed. Report changes or concerns to the RN.
- Document services performed on computerized charting system.
- Observe resident and report any changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, reaction, and appetite, to the supervisor.
- Assist the resident with personal care which may include the following: shampooing of hair, assist with showering/ bathing, and medication administration.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
Care Attendant skills and requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current IA CNA certification is not required, but is a plus.
- Must maintain confidential information.
- Computer skills, ability to read, write and communicate clearly, self-motivated.
- Previous experience in a similar setting is a plus.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Part-Time employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Retirement Plan, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Independent Living senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer