La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthcare Transcriptionist (Entry Level)
at La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
This is a great opportunity for a Transcriptionist to expand their skills and grow their experience. Our Transcriptionist will be responsible for converting voice recordings from behavioral healthcare professionals into written documents for client electronic medical records. The Transcriptionist will, also, identify inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within the documentation and communicating/clarifying with appropriate staff.
PLEASE NOTE - This is a location based position in the Phoenix, AZ area.
Skill / Requirements
- Minimum of a High School Diploma (Bachelor's degree is preferred)
- Registered Healthcare Documentation Specialist (RHDS) or Certified Healthcare Documentation Specialist (CHDS) or equivalent preferred
- Must have 1 year experience transcribing official documents (healthcare environment experience preferred, but not required)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to transcribe from voice recording into accurate official medical record documents
- Strong computer skills required including MS Office; experience navigating within an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to review documentation and identify any inaccuracies and inconsistencies in finished drafts.
- Must be comfortable working under short deadlines and have excellent written communication skills
- Must have a Fingerprint Clearance Card or be eligible to obtain one