La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
at La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner performs specialized duties in clinical settings or off-site; performs mental health assessments; manages the care of patients within the field of psychiatric mental health; provides health education to these patients. Works in a collaborative strength based, family centered service planning team environment. Performs clinically sound interventions to support client problem resolution; provides appropriate customer service; maintains appropriate, organized documentation; provides clinical consultation and serves as a source for information and referral.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations including medical histories. Evaluates complaints of an acute and chronic nature. Formulates an initial diagnosis and treatment plan for individuals with common mental health problems.
- Provides medication, medication monitoring, medication education, crisis response, direct mental health services, and medical record documentation, as required.
- Develops working relationships with primary care clinics and coordinates care with PCP's and other professionals as indicated.
- Provides support, psychotherapy and supportive counseling for clients in regards to psychosocial, environmental, and physical well-being.Collaborates with other professionals for less common and more complicated mental health problems.
- Provides health education to clients, caregivers and family, as well as staff.
- Monitors changes of clients with persistent mental illness.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends scheduled departmental meetings to maintain connection with other members of the department and to learn of changes within the agency and within the greater mental health community.
- Participates in supporting the operations of the Agency's Quality Improvement Program as directed.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships and effective ongoing communication with all EMPACT-SPC staff, referring organizations, behavioral health clients, parole officers, case managers, service coordinators and school personnel.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor in the development and implementation of paperwork procedures.
- Participate in agency fund raising activities as requested by management.
Skill / Requirements
- The provider must have completed either a master’s degree or doctorate in nursing.
- Possession of valid Arizona Registered Nurse License and valid Arizona Nurse Practitioner License is required as an Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, or as a Family Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Must be eligible to participate in the Medicare, Medicaid and other federal health care programs; must be both privileged and credentialed by the ADHS and Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA).
- Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) /First Aid Certificate is required.
- Experience treating the SMI population is a plus.
- One (1) year experience as a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner, with experience in a psychiatric inpatient unit, psychiatric emergency service, clinic or mental health center.
- One (1) year experience in a lead staff role.