Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Records Associate
at Goodwill Industries of San Antonio
Medical Records Associate
At Goodwill Industries San Antonio, our Mission is to help change lives through the power of work. We serve our community by providing career training and placement assistance for employment. Our programs are supported with profits generated through the sale of donated goods in our Retail Stores, and revenue from business services offered through our Contract Services Division. We invest 92.6 cents of EVERY DOLLAR EARNED back into the community. This is accomplished through educational programs and career services provided through our Good Careers Academy and Good Careers Centers.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Medical Records Associate who has a passion for serving others and making a difference. Join the Goodwill Team today.
San Antonio, Texas
Nacogdoches Rd Office Bldg
15.54 - 15.54
Monday - Friday, 4:30pm -1:30am
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will be responsible for performing quality reviews of
Service Treatment Records (STRs) for separated and/or retired Total Force
Members. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Performing analysis to ensure all components parts of the records are
present, are accurate and comply with Veteran Affairs (VA) requirements; work
closely with Government personnel to obtain missing record components with the highest possible degree of accuracy. Support the organization in its mission to help change lives through the power of work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure all records and loose flowing documents received are accurately
entered into the tracking database within the prescribed timelines.
2. Conduct thorough research and ensure all records received on active
service members are forwarded to the appropriate location as well as document all actions taken to retrieve missing components or records.
3. Properly prepare records for scanning by removing staples; making copies
of documents that cannot be scanned as well as remove erroneously filed
documents on other personnel filed in the service member’s records.
4. Meet the quota objective for each phase of the record transition (i.e.
data entry, verification, research, document preparation, scanning, quality
control, disposition, and destruction.)
5. Perform quality control of all document scanned prior to uploading documents into the document repository; and records are uploaded into the correct record.
6. Properly fill out the certification form and upload completed records,
computer generated record and certification form into document repository
within the prescribed timelines.
7. Ensure the tracking database is updated accurately at each phase as the
record transitions through the process.
8. Proficient with basic level computer skills, MS Office Suite, data entry
and computer operation.
9. Ensure proper disposition of all scanned records and document
10. Manage inventory of records accurately; retrieve requested records
within the timelines required.
11. Adhere to, and ensure adherence to, all Loss Prevention and inventory
control and compliance, risk management, and ethics policies and procedures. Safeguard donations and all Goodwill property and resources; secure from harm, theft, accidental loss, or disposal. Promptly investigate or participate in investigations for all reported incidents.
12. Responsible for providing excellent customer service by greeting,
assisting, and responding to questions and/or concerns in a positive,
professional, and friendly manner.
Must be a U.S. citizen and eligible for a Government security clearance.
High school Diploma or equivalent (GED)
6+ months of office/clerical experience using computers.
Data Entry Skills.
Previous experience working with military records preferred.
Intermediate computer skills utilizing MS office Suite
Good customer service skills
Good reading comprehension
Good verbal & written communication
Typing at least 30 WPM
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Ability to use initiative
Ability to be flexible and handle change
Ability to work a flexible schedule
For more information about Goodwill Industries San Antonio, please visit our website at: www.goodwillsa.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled