Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 9447_836085
Categories: Personal Care/Spa/Beauty, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Massage therapists treat clients by using touch to manipulate the soft-tissues of the body. With their touch, therapists relieve pain, help rehabilitate injuries, improve circulation, and relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general wellness of clients.
* Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
* Greeting guests and suggesting the appropriate therapies and treatments
* Perform a wide range of massage and body treatment services following protocols
* Obtain client health history through the use of client intake forms, assessing problems and conditions and consulting with clients about recommended treatments
* Record detailed SOAP notes for all clients including contraindications, allergies, medications, formulations and treatment preferences
* Educating clients on spa/salon therapies and services
* Actively pursuing daily sales goals, including retails sales to achieve and maintaining a retail to service sale ratio
* Complete side work, open and closing duties as directed by the supervisor
* Provide high-quality treatments that address each individual clients needs.
* Perform massage, body treatments, and hand and foot treatments.
* Dedication to staying up to date on current licensing changes and abide by all rules and regulations associated with licensure
* Punctuality, professionalism and be a self-starter
* Must be well groomed in uniform.
* When not with a guest actively staying busy with complimentary chair massages, greeting hotel guests, helping with spa laundry, or cleaning and organizing the spa.
* Following all spa standard operating procedures (SOP).
* Maintain orderliness, cleanliness and presentation of the retail area, salon, spa and lounge
* Attend all meetings and training required of your department or the company in general
* Other duties as assigned
Skills and Specifications
Therapists need to be experienced with the below equipment and services or be willing to be trained in them:
* Swedish Massage
* Chair Massage
* Deep Tissue Massage
* Hot Stone Massage
* Pregnancy Massage
* Body Scrubs
* Body Wraps
* Hand and Foot Treatments
* Electric Massage Tables
* Stone Warmers
* Hot Towel Cabinets
* Massage Table Warmers
* Hydraulic Tables
* Portable Massage Tables and Chairs
* Paraffin Heaters
* Heat Packs
* Essential Oils
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
* Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time.
* Must be able to lift and carry upwards to 25 pounds.
* Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
* Read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
* Respond to visual and aural cues
* Work in cold & hot temperatures
* Possibly be exposed to second hand smoke
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Massage Therapist license.
* Prior experience in retail, hospitality or salon/spa industry strongly preferred
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!