Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Clinical Lead,Days,FT
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Who We Are
Hillcrest Medical Center, the flagship hospital of Hillcrest HealthCare System, is a 620-bed hospital among Oklahoma’s most widely respected and acclaimed hospitals, offering extraordinary care and a multitude of services in many areas including Oklahoma’s largest dedicated heart hospital.
Hillcrest Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing arrayof services delivered by careing and highly skilled medical professionals. The RN Clinical Lead will be under the direction of the Emergency Department Director. The Clinical Lead serves in a leadership role to aid in the management and training of staff. This position will also assist with the organization of day-to-day activities of the department. Responsibilities include: assuring that the staff are functioning appropriately and within the scope of their job role, utilizing coaching methods or disciplinary action when necessary to meet the care and safety needs of those that we serve. Assists with patient care issues, referring any unusual situation or patient condition to the physician or Director. Promoting consistency in the delivery of patient care between physicians and staff. Additional responsibilities include administrative duties such as project improvement projects, meetings, timecards, staff reviews, as well as assisting with quality reviews and metrics. These duties will be split between Clinical Leads and will be in addition to regular floor shifts.
What You'll Do
The Clinical Lead of the Emergency Department is responsible for the delivery of patient care.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Assists in the direct operations of the Emergency Department in collaboration with hospital leadership and Charge Nurses on the other units to assure compliance with all regulatory agencies and hospital requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the Nursing Process for patients in the following age groups: Infants, Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults, and Geriatrics.
- Demonstrates responsible and effective management of resources, including personnel, supplies and equipment, in the Emergency Department.
- Assumes responsibility for clinical competency and professional development. Works with the nurse educator to ensure that all competencies are completed prior to the deadline. Assists in training and developing nursing staff.
- Is responsible for coordinating continuous quality improvement and quality assurance efforts, including audits to validate efforts. Resposible for leading and promoting the departmental goals.
- Proficient organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated clinical/technical and supervisory competency. Promotes staff and patient satisfaction.
- Ability to work varied shifts. Ability to take administrative call for the Emergency Department.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Previous supervisory or charge nurse experience preferred.
- Current ACLS and PALS certifications.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement and career development opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.