HMS Insurance Associates, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group Benefits Account Manager
at HMS Insurance Associates, Inc.
Description of Responsibilities:
The Employee Benefits Group Account Manager is responsible for the oversight and ongoing management of assigned client accounts in the 2+ market. This position coordinates with the producer and support staff to facilitate the implementation of new or renewing accounts to ensure the highest level of service is met. In addition, the Account Manager will maintain the ongoing client relationship and work with key managers to proactively identify trends in service issues and develop corrective action plans that will positively improve the client’s ability to manage their benefit plans. This position must be highly knowledgeable about group benefits and be able to independently and reliably provide problem resolution around complex client issues for client groups. As such, the Account Manager requires strong skills in conflict resolution and negotiation, as well as relationship building that ensures persistency of business and growth for HMS. This position works in conjunction with the Producer and has responsibility for off-site client meetings with or in lieu of Producers. This position is a visible representative of HMS and the client and must act in a highly professional manner and demonstrate commitment to the mission and values of the company.
Key Duties and Accountabilities:
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation for new and renewing small group clients
- Market and analyze benefits and rates for all lines of coverage
- Provide leadership role at Open Enrollment meetings as requested by Producers
- Provide oversight for the completion of all post Open Enrollment meeting administrative work including but not limited to:
- Obtaining client applications and reconciling against census/resolving errors or discrepancies (as requested by client)
- Turning in the enrollment package to carrier in timely manner
- Coordinate with Producers on account status
- Analyze and advise clients on service trends and assist with development of corrective action plans for improvement. Communicate with producer about potential or existing problems as needed.
- Oversee ordering of carrier packets for delivery to client prior to Open Enrollment meetings or work with Producers to ensure that in house enrollment materials are prepared, accurate and available for meetings.
- Coordinate outside representation at Open Enrollment meetings as needed.
- Foster strong and lasting relationships with client key contacts that ensure persistency of accounts.
- Ensure high levels of service delivery to client accounts including, but not limited to:
- Assist Producers as needed to respond to any service needs of clients following enrollment.
- Highest quality customer service to all callers at all times which includes every effort to exceed the customer’s expectations for service.
- Provide 24 Hour response time to customer calls and resolve problems within one business day where possible.
- Provide status update to client if unable to resolve issue fully within 1 business days.
- Provide responses or problem resolution to all client requests regarding enrollment issues including ordering ID cards, processing enrollment forms, checking enrollment status, answering questions.
- Educate client and enrollees about their group’s benefit plans, coverage, copays, coinsurance and /or deductibles.
- Research and resolve billing problems.
- Research and resolve all client claims problems.
- Attend relevant internal and external continuing education seminars and trainings to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Participate in scheduled team and office meetings.
- Provide Account Management backup for the team when necessary during scheduled vacations, personal leave, or at a manager’s discretion.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to articulate technical information in lay terms and good listening skills
- Group presentation skills
- Ability to successfully and creatively problem solve and negotiate solutions
- Ability to organize and prioritize is essential
- At least five years in an account management position and/or service position in the health and/or benefits industry
- Proficiency in Windows, Word, Power Point and Excel (high level spread sheeting required)