Integrated Medical Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Referral Coordinator- Cardiology
at Integrated Medical Services
Integrated Medical Services (IMS) is a physician-led organization united through its providers’ commitment to high-quality, innovative health care. The multi-specialty group has primary care and most specialties well represented throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area and many rural locations.
IMS Cardiology is currently seeking a Referrals Coordinator to join our team! This position is located in Avondale, AZ. Qualified candidates will have at least 1 year of experience with insurance verifications and authorizations.
- Able to process a high volume of patient calls each day.
- Perform referrals and authorizations efficiently and timely.
- Perform eligibility verification as part of the referral process.
- Make outbound call to schedule patient appointments as needed.
- Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests.
- Coordinate and manage patient care between medical offices and outside facilities.
- Keeps in communication with medical offices to aid in patient flow.
- Update patient registration, demographic and insurance information as needed.
- Use on-line tools available at insurance companies website to do authorizations.
- Answer patients questions and provide information on IMS.
- Ensure that all relevant information and the referrals are directed to the proper office.
- Processes incoming referral requests from IMS and Non-IMS physicians.
- Work through the pending referrals in a timely manner.
- Document accurate phone messages for providers and relay them promptly.
- Develops and maintains effective communication mechanism with all external and internal customers. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all contacts.
- Attend to messages in a timely manner.
- Complete mandatory services and education.
Skill / Requirements
High School diploma or GED required
- One to three years experience processing referrals and or insurance verification
- Cardiology experience preferred
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT codes, and insurance carriers claim requirements
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to perform multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Communicate professionally with physicians and office staff
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates characteristics of a team player
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- IMS is a tobacco free workplace