Tucson Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology
at Tucson Medical Center
Provides daily direction to employees who are operating x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body, preparing and administering chemical mixtures for diagnostic imaging, and making minor equipment adjustments.
Performs supervisory functions; prepares work schedules, assigns staff, observes performance to provide input to formal evaluations, and makes recommendations for personnel actions; assists in staff selection and provides training and orientation for employees.
Adheres to and supports staff in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff.
Ensures compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
Monitors and controls expenses within approved budget allocations.
Prepares room and equipment for patient.
Prepares the patient, explains the procedure, and ensures patient’s cooperation during the procedure.
Determines most economical use of resources.
Arranges, attaches, or adjusts immobilization and supports devices to obtain precise positions and prevent patient from moving.
Observes patient during procedure and reports any unusual occurrences to appropriate personnel.
Evaluates exposed film for technical quality; processes films and prepares them for reading by the Radiologist.
Maintains current knowledge of state and federal regulations; determines whether unit procedures are in compliance; notifies management of any potential exposure to liability.
Controls inventory; checks equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular basis.
Updates and writes technical protocols for studies performed in department.
Uses order entry system, radiology information system, Encompass scheduling system, patient location and transport system, and corporate intranet, including e-mail.
Assesses all day to day activities to ensure continuous improvement.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years of radiology experience; preferably in an acute care setting and in a lead or supervisory role.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Arizona State License, Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT), American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT), BLS Certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body and preparing and administering chemical mixtures for diagnostic imaging.
- Knowledge of best practices for patient care in the process of diagnostic imaging.
- Skill in leading and training staff involved in the process of diagnostic imaging.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others' communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers; ability to read a clock and accurately document time.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.