La Maestra Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at La Maestra Community Health Centers
Status/ Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
* Assist the DDS with patient care, by providing and explaining the DDS instructions
* Clean room after finishing with procedures
* Route patient back to the front desk with postexamination/procedure instructions (i.e. to check out, schedule next appointment, fill prescription, etc.)
* Clean all instruments after procedures
* Prepares and maintains all dental instruments, supplies, and equipment
* Call next patient immediately after setting the room
* Maintain inventory and order supplies
* Assure proper operation and maintenance of equipment by performing inspections
* Be able to perform Spore test weekly, clean xray developer and autoclave weekly (following proper procedures)
* Take X-rays (proper certification required)
* Take oral impressions for diagnostic and opposing models
* Remove postextraction and periodontal dressings
* Prepare dental materials, including but not limited to, cements, amalgam, composite, impression materials, etc.
* Apply nonaerosol and noncaustic topical agents
* Apply topical fluoride, after scaling and polishing by the supervising DDS or RDA
* Place and remover rubber dams or other isolation devices
La Maestra Community Health Centers is currently recruiting for Dental Assistants. The Dental Assistant is responsible for performing chair side support services, procedures, and general office procedures under the supervision of a dentist.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to: Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 619-269-1291
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Certification required: Dental Assistant Certificate; CPR Card
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in a dental office or similar setting as a front or back office dental assistant preferred
Bilingual preferred. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize while maintaining high standards of accuracy and quality under deadline pressure and with a high level of professionalism.
* Place, wedge, and remove matrices for restorative procedures
* Responsible for dental charting
* Delivers patient personal care oral instructions
* When needed, delivers community dental health presentations, plans, assembles, and manages health fair booths
* Extra oral duties or functions specified by the supervising DDS.
* Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients