Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
Master’s degree in school psychology. Current AZ School Psychology Certification. Valid Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance card. Up-to-date or ability to obtain Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)/restraint certification.
Principal/Executive Director of Student Services
Coordinates Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team to assess students who have been referred by the Child Study Team or other agency.
- Performs Child Find duties using the appropriate practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of district programs and works as part of an Individualized Education Program team to determine educational placements and supports to meet the academic and behavioral needs and least restrictive environments of students.
- Promotes the introduction and implementation of school wide programs in schools to maintain positive school climates conducive to learning and to meet the psychological, educational, and sociological needs of children.
- Consults with teachers and other school personnel on methods to enhance school and classroom atmosphere to provide motivating educational environment.
- Promotes home school collaboration by referring students to community agencies to secure medical or social services for child or family.
- Maintains confidential files and accurate records on all identified students.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state statutes and district policies and procedures.
- Prepares required written reports in a timely manner to summarize findings, interpret data, and offer recommendations.
- Assists teachers and others in interpreting and using assessment data for program planning of identified students.
- Provides social, emotional, and behavioral health support to students and personnel as part of the district Crisis Response Team.
- Conducts re-evaluations.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: recordkeeping principles; and office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and District software, preferred accounting used software and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate technology software).
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, full time, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Exempt
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, January 22, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)