Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mountain Park Health Center
The Physician will provide high quality medical care to a wide variety of patients in a quality oriented, efficient, and cost effective manner for Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC).
Mountain Park Health Center – seeks a Pediatrician in Phoenix, AZ. Provide professional medical services to children. Responsible for examining, attending to, treating and caring for all children and patients assigned. Diagnose and treat disease and injuries, examine children for symptoms of disorders and determine nature and extent of the injury or disorder. Refer to diagnostic images and tests, and use medical instruments and equipment to help diagnose and treat the injury. Prescribe medication and recommends dietary and activity programs as indicated by the diagnosis. For full job description, or to apply, send resumes via email to email@example.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnoses and treats all patients presenting in both outpatient and inpatient settings while maintaining expected medical standards.
- Makes recommendations to insure that all programs have adequate medical input prior to their utilization.
- Advises management on performance deficiencies of medical auxiliary personnel.
- Evaluates patients in a timely and courteous manner.
- Hospitalizes patients with serious conditions necessitating in-patient care.
- Interacts politely and as a team player with all levels of staff, other providers, patients, and public.
- Contributes to the training and proficiencies of clinical personnel, including medical students.
- Abides by all MPHC Policies and Procedures not otherwise addressed in employment contract.
- Participates in quality improvement program that will assure that patients receive quality care in the office and from other providers of health care service, using peer review, medical records audits, grievance and other mechanisms as appropriate.
- Attends medical staff meetings and other meetings as advised by Vice President of Department.
- Participates in development and implementation of annual health plan.
- Participates in MPHC activities such as health fairs.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Complies with MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to MPHC’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine.
Previous experience in primary care, excellent communication skills.
Board Certified/Board Eligible.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Arizona License, DEA Certificate, Board Certification/Letter Stating Board Eligible, CPR Certification.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles to advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, communicable diseases, medicinal preparations, risk of radiation and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.