National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lab Researcher Technician
at National Jewish Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12052
Categories: Science/Biotech/Research, Healthcare - Lab/Hematology/Pathology, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Full Time (40 hours per week), Day Shift, 8-5
Req # 12052
The Majka lab has recently joined NJH and is seeking motivated Lab Researchers to join their innovative team studying lung stem cell fate and function.
Our lab has discovered and characterized a novel population of resident lung mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in murine and human systems. Research efforts are focused on understanding how these stem cells regulate tissue homeostasis as well as remodeling at the expense of repair during chronic lung disease.
Training on specific techniques used in the laboratory will be provided. General techniques utilized in the lab include: in vivo and in vitro modeling of stem cell fate and function, flow cytometry, cell culture, measuring physiology, confocal & 2-photon microscopy and molecular biology (PCR, Western blots, transfections, etc.)
The position performs as an entry level technician under the direction of a Principal Investigator or Laboratory Manager which may include assisting in collecting, tabulating and analyzing research data.
- Performs routine laboratory tests under the direction of a Principal Investigator or Lab Manager.
- Collects, accurately records and analyzes data in conjunction with other research staff.
- Obtains and maintains minimum proficiency in data analysis, preparation of glassware, extraction and plating procedures, basic programming and mathematical ordering systems. May utilize computer.
- Maintains compliance with all institutional/safety training requirements.
- Maintains laboratory records, supplies and samples in an organized manner (such as a laboratory notebook and sample storage record).
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Laboratory Knowledge: Demonstrates and understands laboratory testing and methodology.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness in the midst of change in work responsibilities or environment, requirements ambiguity, or stress.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
- Informing/Communicating: Conveys ideas, responses, or instructions effectively, appropriately, and persuasively through writing or speech.
- Professional Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
BS /BA degree, a demonstrated basic knowledge of laboratory procedures, laboratory equipment, and data collection /classification required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!