Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at New Alternatives
Visitation Transporters/Monitors (South, East, North Central and Central San Diego)
New Alternatives, Inc. is a private nonprofit agency that provides a wide range of services to children, youth and families in San Diego County. The populations served are some of San Diego's most vulnerable children. These victims frequently suffer from a variety of emotional and behavioral challenges due to family histories of child abuse, substance abuse, family violence and mental illness.
New Alternatives, Inc Family Visitation Center Program is hiring Visitation Transporters/Monitors for South, East, North Central and Central San Diego. Are you a recent graduate and want to gain entry level experience into the field of social services?? This is a great position with room for advancement!
- Employees are required to transport foster children to Supervising court ordered visitations between foster children and their parents at a New Alternatives, Family Visitation Center or County Office.
- Must be familiar with developmentally appropriate milestones and proper parenting skills.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, as position requires documentation that will be submitted to Juvenile Court.
- Bachelor's Degree in: Social Work, Child Development, Psychology, or related field and 1 year experience working with children
- A reliable car (4 door preferred)
- A valid driver's license, insurance and a clean driving record (No DUI's)
- A flexible schedule/and be able to work evenings up to 8pm and one 8 hour weekend day
- No criminal history, all employees are required to have a criminal background check and DMV Driving record printout
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Parenting Skills and Techniques
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred (not required)
Part time and Full time Positions Available (F/T after 90 day probationary period).
We offer Mileage Reimbursement.
Pay rate is as followed:
Monitor /transporters : $13-15 an hour depending on experience with children in a formal setting and/or BA in a related field
Full Time Benefits include: Excellent medical and dental benefits Vacation, Sick Time 403B Plan Family Fit Program through LA Fitness for All employees.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment