Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Admissions Specialist: Clinical Assessments - PRN Overnight
at Oasis Behavioral Health
We are hiring Master Level Admission Clinicians to work in our Admissions Department.
Sonora Behavioral Health is the largest inpatient psychiatric hospital in Tucson with 140-beds serving adults, adolescents and children with behavioral health conditions and chemical dependency issues. Join us and you’ll enjoy tuition reimbursement, competitive salary, and exceptional benefits.
This position requires a Master's degree in a Behavioral Health field and experience in assessing patients from children to adults.
Come Join Our Team!
ADMISSION CLINICIAN PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Clinical professional responsible for inquiries, assessments and admissions to facility.
- Facilitate admissions and assessment processes for incoming patients.
- Respond to inquiries about the facility within facility policy timeframes.
- Schedule/complete pre-admission assessments and communicate recommendations to patients or their families.
- Collaborate with other facility medical and psychiatric personnel to ensure appropriate recommendations and admissions.
- Coordinate admission and transfer between levels of care within the facility.
- Communicate projected admissions to designated internal representative in a timely manner.
- Perform insurance benefit verifications, disseminating the information gathered to patient, their families and other appropriate facility staff.
- Ensure all medical admission documentation is gathered from external sources prior to patient admission and secure initial pre-authorization for treatment and admission.
- Assist individual therapists with concurrent reviews with insurance companies to secure continued treatment.
- Coordinate and facilitate peer to peer reviews when needed and collaborate the results of reviews with multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status in the admissions process.
- Communicate treatment recommendations to and coordinate with other treatment teams.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain.
- Ability to complete Handle with Care course is required.
- Clear TB screening.
- Clear background and drug screen.
- Level One Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or ability to obtain
- Master's degree in Behavioral Health field.
- AZ license preferred
- Minimum one year acute inpatient psychiatric care experience preferred.