Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Equine Therapist - PRN
at Oasis Behavioral Health
The Equine Assisted Therapy position involves the co facilitation of equine assisted therapy groups for all patients as well as providing individual equine therapy sessions when recommended by the treatment team. This position involves correction of undesirable horse behavior through the use of natural horsemanship techniques. The Equine Therapist will also be responsible for reporting any horse injuries or health concerns to the Trap Manager and making decisions for healthy horse care. The employee may also be assigned to any horse care duties such as feeding, maintenance of stalls and horse health care.
The position also may involve co facilitation of The Adventure Therapy activities include the Climbing Wall, the Low Elements Challenge Course, the High Elements Challenge Course and other experiential and activities.
The Equine Assisted therapist is required to document all patient group activities, to participate in communication with the interdisciplinary team, and to be able to design safe and appropriate activities based on each patient’s individual needs. This position also requires monitoring of the pool and gym.
- Master’s degree in counseling/psychology or related field.
- Eligibility for Licensure in the State of Arizona
- Prefer experience in an inpatient Behavioral Healthcare setting
- A minimum of two years working with horses and clients using the EAP model.
- Communication skills
- Group therapy facilitation skills for Equine Assisted Therapy.
- Computer skills
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary administrative team
- Ability to work with a wide range of diagnoses and behaviors
- Ability to handle horses involving leading, grooming, saddling, and longeing.
- Knowledge of the 12-Steps
LICENSURE and Certification:
- Licensure in Behavioral Health field required
- Certification in Horsemanship skills or EAP preferred.
Driven by our Core Values, Sierra Tucson offers a culture of caring and support to its staff as well as to the residents its serves.
Our Core Values:
- Relationships – We respond promptly and respectfully to all concerns. We actively focus on listening with intent to satisfy needs, ensuring that people always feel valued. We aim to develop quality outcomes to drive satisfaction, loyalty, and opportunities to serve.
- Integrity – We act honestly, consistently, and fairly in order to provide the highest ethical standards.
- Compassion – We demonstrate warmth, sensitivity, and positive regard to patients, residents, family members, and others. We hold a sacred space as we walk with them on their journey.
- Excellence – We provide highly reliable service, supported by evidence-based research, in our continuous pursuit of innovation in order to attain quality outcomes.
- Teamwork – We strive to work in collaboration with others in order to create a common vision.
In addition to working for a premier treatment center with a competitive salary, our employees enjoy these other great benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- FSA and HSA
- Holiday Pay
- Training Provided
- Team Atmosphere
- State-of-the-art Equipment and Facility
- Electronic Medical Records
If you are interested in this position, have expressive therapy experience, and are looking to work in a premier facility with excellent benefits and employee appreciation, we would love to speak with you about this exceptional opportunity!
We will be a world-class organization that sets the standard of excellence in the treatment of addiction and other chronic behavioral health disorders. We will provide a continuum of evidence-based treatment that delivers the highest quality of care and improves the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.
Sierra Tucson Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide a safe place for emotional, physical, and spiritual healing with a collaborative community of professionals who provide insight, understanding, and empowerment enhanced by a lifetime of alumni support.
Since 1983, Sierra Tucson has led the way in addiction and behavioral health treatment in Arizona, across the country and internationally. Distinguished for comprehensive programs, innovative and effective therapies, and clinical excellence, personified by an extraordinary and highly credentialed staff, Sierra Tucson provides comprehensive treatment to identify and resolve underlying issues that cause behavioral health disorders. Sierra Tucson combines integrative and experiential therapies with evidence-based practices to provide a full range of treatment modalities. Patients receive the resources, support, and tools necessary for long-term change to occur, including one full year of continuing care and a lifetime of alumni services. Our serene, 160-acre campus is located in beautiful Tucson, Arizona, and is a place of peace, hope and healing.
ADA Essential Functions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Facility.