Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapy Assistant
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Help patients who are recovering from injuries and illnesses regain movement and manage pain. Assist physical therapists in providing physical therapy treatments and procedures.
Observe patients before, during and after therapy, noting status and reporting it to the physical therapist or clinical supervisor.
Help patients do specific exercises as part of the plan of care.
Treat patients using a variety of techniques, such as massage and stretching.
Use devices and equipment, such as walkers, to help patients.
Educate patients and family members about what to do after treatment.
Document timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information in medical record and systems, as required by practice or organizational policy
Collaborate with other staff in working with the population of the facility to treat, rehabilitate and return patients to the community.
Communicate clearly and effectively to patients, their family members, guests and other members of the health care team.
Comply with organizational policies, procedures, performance improvement initiatives and maintain organizational and industry policies regarding confidentiality.
Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
Associates or bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university as a physical therapy assistant or similar field acceptable for licensure. Prefer 1 year experience working with the population of the facility.
Current active professional license or eligible for endorsement by the state in which the facility provides services.
CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
First aid may be required based on state or facility.
ADDITIONAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ensure every patient receives a thorough and comprehensive customized physical therapy regimen, while receiving a unique experience.
- Contributes to physical therapist's effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives.
- Ensure continuity of treatment progression via ongoing scheduling of patients
- With assistance of physical therapist, develop and implement physical therapy treatment programs based on each patient's particular needs by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Assist patients with all phases of physical therapy treatment and techniques.
- Discuss treatment with patients and record patient conditions and responses to treatments in charts after each visit.
- Complete daily patient care notes, progress notes, discharge notes and other required forms as requested by treating physicians or insurance, co-signed by physical therapist.
- Provide continuous communication with referring physicians, physical therapists and athletic trainers regarding patient therapy and equipment.
- Operate and apply knowledge of standard physical therapy equipment
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and Jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances
(e.g. emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Facility.