Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Team Nurse
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Care Team Nurse|
|Department Location:||Developmental Disabilities Health Center 3207 N. Academy Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Nursing / Allied Health / Clinical Support|
Job Summary: The Care Team Nurse functions as a liaison between the patient and members of the Care Team in a joint effort to optimize the patients’ health status and quality of life. The Care Team Nurse will perform routine and emergent nursing functions pertinent to efficient, ambulatory patient care, while following the guidelines set forth by the Colorado Nurse Practice Act.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses and triages for the appropriate level of care based on comprehensive risk assessment including diagnosis, clinical judgment, and outcome goals.
- Assesses patient’s readiness for change, physical and psychosocial needs.
- Identifies and links patients to available resources, social support systems, family support, etc.
- Assesses high risk and rising risk patients consistent with the current Policies & Procedures for Care Management.
- Facilitates access to quality and cost-effective care.
- Collaborates with and maintains healthy working relationships with community partners.
- Provides education to the patients, families, care-givers.
- Encourages engagement and self-management of patients with regards to their own health.
- Provides outreach to individuals as well as the community.
- Provides in-reach to patients who are presently inactive in their healthcare.
- Demonstrates an ability to utilize technology to include, but not be limited to, the Electronic Health Records, state registries, Health Information Exchange.
- Maintains documentation of all interactions accurately and completely, implementing appropriate protocols for patients’ charts and billing practices.
- Maintains healthy working relationship with team members as well as staff from all levels of the organization.
- Supports the clinical training department and assures the Medical Assistants are competent regarding clinical skills.
- Assists providers with inbox tasks to include medication refills (per standing order SOP) and completing pertinent paperwork for patients outside needs.
- Triages and appropriately delegating follow up needs for patients regarding labs and any outside testing.
- Advocate for patient.
- Provides education as needed to include disease processes and medication regimen.
- Works with the care teams to assure schedules reviewed, patients’ charts prepared for visit.
- Understands the immunization schedule and is able support clinic staff and patients.
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments, the management team, medical staff, and leadership.
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements.
- Enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Spanish bilingual preferred.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required; BSN preferred.
Work Experience: Two years' experience in case management and clinical nursing preferred.
Computer Skills: Basic – ability to access the intra/internet to manage timecard, review policies and procedures, and read company communications; use e-mail to communicate with co-workers, leadership, and other departments; enter and correct data, modify a workbook, format a worksheet, and use printing functions; create a simple presentation in PowerPoint, run it, and print it
Certificates and Licenses: Current Colorado RN License, Current CPR (BCLS) certification
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OSHA risk level/work environmental hazards: This position has been categorized as OSHA Level One (1). See Exposure Control Plan for details.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit.