Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Records Supervisor
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Medical Records Supervisor|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Manager / Professional|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves 94,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
The Medical Records Supervisor reports to the Medical Records Manager. The Medical Records Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Medical Records Department with regards to a variety of ongoing projects, training, and operations. These operations and projects include: developing and creating content in regards to the Sharepoint Page and newsletter, training of department staff, identifying training needs, and providing overall support and coordination for the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinates staff training and ensure staff are properly trained
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Medical Record Department standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Guidelines
- Provide health information and other pertinent information to our internal and external customers as authorized and as needed
- Maintain control and security of health information through established policies
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the compliance plan and conflict of interest requirements
- Enhances the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to and participating in department performance improvement goals
- Ensure training plans and training materials are developed appropriately and implemented
- Provide narrative reports, and statistical data, regarding the performance of the Medical Record Department
- Work in conjunction with Leadership to orientate, train and develop staff
- Travel to various clinics to provide on-site training support
- Participation in various projects
- Maintain the Medical Records sharepoint page
- Construction of monthly department newsletter
- Maintenance of timecards for direct reports and in the absence of the Medical Records Manager
- Perform staff evaluations (bi-annual conversations)
- Collaborate with the Medical Records Manager in regards to the annual budget
- Order all supplies for the department
- Providing continual training for staff in the department
- Other duties may be assigned
Medical Records Manager
Medical Records Technicians
- Associates Degree preferred (or equivalent experience on a year-for-year basis may be substituted).
- Two years of experience in healthcare with a minimum of one year of experience in the medical record field is required.
- Training experience preferred.
- Experience training and supporting direct team members is preferred. Management or supervisor experience preferred.
Cognitive Skills (Language, Math, and Reasoning Ability):
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, business agreements, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret and implement a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Due to the administrative, coordination and clerical functions associated with this job, a thorough understanding of word processing, spreadsheet manipulation and processing and exceptional customer service are required.
- Ability to flourish independently and in a team management system,
- Sensitivity to low income, ethnic and other minority communities.
- Excellent organizational, listening, deescalation, tracking and documentation skills required
Certificates & Licenses:
A valid Driver's License in good standing.
OSHA Risk Level/Work Environmental Hazards:
This position has been categorized as OSHA Level Three. (See PVCHC's Exposure Control Plan for details).
Long periods of standing, moving, and sitting, frequent bending and fine motor skills. Hearing within normal range for telephone use. Looking at computer screen continuously for long periods of time. Must be able to support/lift 20 pounds.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.