Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, QUALITY - CLINICAL EXCELLENCE
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- Rev Hugh Cooper Admin Center
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
This position requires relocation to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Relocation assistance is available for the selected candidate.
Leads, facilitates, oversees and/or participates in activities designed to support clinical excellence and clinical improvement initiatives throughout PDS. Utilizes quality concepts, data analysis, and team facilitation skills to facilitate clinical improvement initiatives. Under the direction of the Vice President, Quality Institute, drives progress of annual clinical priorities. Collaborates with and informs facility and clinical leaders of opportunities for improvement based on data, best practices, and evidence. Provides clear direction for change and assists in change management.
- Leads the group of clinical programs leaders within the Quality Institute, prioritizing workload and tracking progress of annual clinical priorities and other improvement initiatives.
- Ensures achievement and sustainability of improvements to clinical quality-related processes. Communicates and celebrates achievement and sustainability with facility leaders.
- Monitors and analyzes data related to clinical quality initiatives in an effort to proactively plan and implement improvement initiatives.
- Works with Vice President of Quality Institute and Chief Medical Quality Officer to oversee physician quality program.
- Serves as leader, facilitator, coach, or co-team leader as needed to achieve quantifiable improvements on clinical priority initiatives. Ultimately oversees facilitation work of all personnel within the Quality Institute.
- Ensures adherence to framework for improvement and the use of tools such as rapid cycle improvement, Lean/Daily Management, and Just Culture by the personnel within the Quality Institute.
- Interacts with Director, Patient Safety to ensure achievement and sustainability of improvement initiatives that stem from the Patient Safety Program to include Root Cause Analysis and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis action plans.
- Leads and participates in proactively planning current and future quality related initiatives based on regional and national networking and benchmarking of evidence based changes
- Participates in measurement processes for PHS Performance Results Scorecard. Interact and inform Board Quality Committee as designated by Vice President, Quality Institute.
- Collaborates with other directors within Quality Institute to maximize synergies with Value Based programs, Evidence-Based Care Design, Process Excellence, Infection Control, Patient Safety, and Regulatory and Accreditation compliance.
- Collaborates, establishes, and maintains strong relationships with facility, nursing, physician, and clinical leaders in order to support clinical excellence. Routinely interacts with leaders throughout the delivery system to inform, gain feedback, and collaborate on improvement opportunities, initiatives, shortcomings, and successes.
- Bachelors Degree in nursing or health care related field plus Masters Degree in related field required.
- Five years experience in a healthcare quality leadership role.
- Minimum one year experience in a comparable clinical quality leadership role - leading quality teams in acute care inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Experience overseeing quality improvement facilitation initiatives that are collaborative, results-oriented and data-driven required.
- Background with clinical quality programs required.
- Experience working with centers for excellence and disease specific programs highly preferred.
- Ability to provide mentorship and guidance to Quality Institute staff (e.g., how to facilitate improvement using the IHI Framework for Excellence) required.
* Master Degree
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.