Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Support Service-Housekeeping
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- Lincoln County Medical Center
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways, and other assigned areas of the hospital
*Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
*Performs duties such as dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment, and dust mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms. Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors, and walls of bathrooms
*Operates mechanical floor cleaners, polishers, and vacuums. Wet mops rooms, halls, stairways and public areas. Shampoos rugs and furniture. Cleans vents, fans and other equipment using vacuum machines. Buffs, strips, waxes and polishes floors.
*Performs high cleaning procedures such as fixtures, tops of windows, door frames, and high areas using a ladder.
*Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials. Removes waste and soiled linens from work area and places in specified bags or containers.
*Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares room for new occupant. Follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
*Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings.
*Attends meetings as required.
High school or G.E.D (Can be completed within six months in position). Preferred one experience in healthcare housekeeping. Good communication skills.
* Less than High School
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Planning and coordinating organizational change
* Anticipating & Addressing Customer Needs
* Functioning as an Effective Contingent Member
* Acquiring & Applying Superior Skills to achieve Quality Outcomes
* Functioning as an Effective Team Member
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.