South Peninsula Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (PCN 1113)
at South Peninsula Hospital
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1117
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Work Hours: 8:00 am -4:30 pm
Under general supervision in an outpatient clinical setting, provides initial patient triage, registration, and administrative services, assists with direct patient care, and performs specialized medical procedures of a routine nature, as dictated by established clinical protocol.
The major challenge of this position is to provide administrative and clinical support to the Medical Staff, nursing staff and Clinic Manager with primary reporting to the Clinic Manager. Multi-tasking, effective organizational skills, working with clients, physicians, staff and coordinating needs within hospital departments can be a challenge. The individual needs to work quickly, efficiently and maintain a work ethic that demonstrates diplomacy and team cohesiveness while understanding customer and staff expectations. Further challenges include understanding that certain times will be more stressful and work demands may escalate.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
The qualified individual shall possess the core competencies to complete the tasks given. This individual must have a working knowledge and experience with computer applications, be detail orientated, and able to multi-task. Demonstrated use of clerical software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel are necessary qualifications for this position. The ability to type, edit, and proofread work are essential skills for this position.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and be a high school graduate or have a GED Equivalent.
- This position requires knowledge of clinical standards, practices and procedures.
- Minimum of 1 year of office/clerical experience with one year in a healthcare related field.
- Prior or current CNA and/or EMT-1, Health Care Specialist, or Medical Assistant certification is preferred, but may be substituted with appropriate experience in a healthcare setting.
- One to two years of previous hospital experience desired.
- Certification as Medical Assistant helpful.
- Possess a working knowledge and use of Medical Terminology.
- Have knowledge of Medical Records/Health Information Management requirements.
- This position requires receptionist skills, including the ability to deal courteously and tactfully with patients, their families, and facility personnel both in person and by phone.
- Must possess good communication skills, understand chart flow, record keeping, order entry and scheduling. Demonstrates ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Homer Medical Center/South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed critical access hospital, 28 bed long term care facility, orthopedic and family practice clinics located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking, standing for extended periods, stooping and the ability to lift 50 pounds. Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, including blood-borne pathogens, muscle strains, falls, and needle stick injuries. Generally, physical demands are moderate and most work is performed inside. Working hours may fluctuate based on scheduling needs and patient census.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!