St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pool Mammography Technician (variable shifts)
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Promotes quality patient care through the performance of screening, diagnostic, and invasive mammography procedures utilizing appropriate technique, established protocols, physician direction, and age-specific guidelines. Maintains thorough knowledge of mammography equipment, biopsy devices, supplies, radiation safety and quality assurance guidelines and applies such knowledge in day to day performance of duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
Prepares patient for procedure by noting appropriate medical history, carefully screening patients and documenting such on the appropriate mammography comment sheet, noting the correct physician orders and maintaining rigid adherence to department safety standards.
Adjust personal schedule to accommodate department workload including on-call when required. Assists others in department as time and schedule permits.
Performs daily calibrations of equipment and film processors, cleans work area after each patient/shift, stock supplies as needed. Maintains all equipment in safe and satisfactory working order.
Provides Radiologist/Physician with assistance during complex or invasive procedures, including room and supply preparation.
Consistently able to respond to high volume situations in addition to routine schedule without sacrificing accuracy/quality. Must meet modality specific departmental standards.
Displays a cooperative attitude and communicates effectively with Radiologists, other Medical Imaging areas and/or other hospital departments to expedite patient care.
Completes order entry and exam data entry functions in radiology information management system. Must be able to access and retrieve information from PACS system.
Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
- Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Two years experience in Radiography (requirement may be met through completion of the clinical phase of a two year approved radiology technology program)
- Current Texas Department of State Health Services License.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Completion of 40hr mammography training course
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Graduate from an approved/accredited
required. Schoolof Radiologic Technology
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.