St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Interventional Radiology - FT, 8a-5p M-F
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician, and according to established age specific guidelines, provides nursing support for general patient care and medical imaging invasive procedures. Performs a wide variety of direct, technical nursing functions for acute, sub-acute, pre and post procedure imaging patients in accordance with the standard of care and physician orders. Collects and records patient data in patient’s chart, prepares patient for medical imaging procedures and monitors patient’s condition during procedure and recovery period. Observes patient, records and reports significant symptoms, pertinent information, reactions and changes in patient’s condition.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Prepares patient for procedure by noting appropriate medical history, carefully screening patients and modifying protocols as necessary, noting the correct physician orders and maintaining rigid adherence to department safety standards.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the patient’s care plan. Provides technical nursing care to patients by performing a variety of semi-complex treatments, such as dressing changes, medication administration, injections, and phlebotomy.
- Performs daily calibrations of equipment, cleans work area after each patient/shift, stock supplies as needed. Maintains all equipment in safe and satisfactory working order.
- Provides Radiologist/Physician with assistance during complex or invasive procedures, including room and supply preparation. Displays a cooperative attitude and communicates effectively with Radiologists, other Medical Imaging areas and/or other hospital departments to expedite patient care
- Consistently able to respond to high volume situations in addition to routine schedule without sacrificing accuracy/quality. Must meet modality specific departmental standards. Adjust personal schedule to accommodate department workload including on-call when required. Assists others in department as time and schedule permits
- Assesses patient condition via observation, examination, interview, review of diagnosis, recognizes physiologic, psychological, cultural, and spiritual needs. Recognizes radiation safety practices.
- Maintains familiarity with supplies, both chargeable and non-chargeable and consistently maintains supply par levels.
- Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to dealing appropriately and fairly with employee misconduct.
- Enforces all compliance policies as they pertain to his/her area.
d. Assure timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance & Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Two years experience in invasive radiology or Five years experience in general nursing.
RN License. Texas
- Current ACLS certification.
Education & Training:
- Graduate from an approved/accredited
required. Schoolof Nursing
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.