St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN), OR $12k Sign On
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Shift: 3x12s, Full Time
*Minimum 2 years’ experience in Surgical Unit to qualify for $12k Sign-on Bonus
Serves as a patient advocate for individuals prior to and during anesthesia. Provides care to all age groups – neonates through elderly.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses Operating Room readiness, table positioning, supplies and supply availability and equipment readiness for a variety of procedures
- Develops the patient’s plan of care and monitors treatment in the operative environment. This includes practice of aseptic technique and maintenance of sterile fields as well as correction of breaks in technique for any of the team members.
- Verifies contact information with family: name, cell number, where they will be waiting i.e. waiting room, plastic, home or work. This will be done prior to taking patient to the OR.
- Updates family every two hours on the patient status. Call family approximately 10 minutes prior to case ending to let family know to return to waiting area or conference room so surgeon can speak with them. If the family member is not available, give the family contact card to the surgeon.
- Manages patient safety by implementing operative policy and procedures including patient identification, site verification, positioning and counting of sponges, instruments and sharps. Takes action to correct deficiencies.
- Holds self, physicians and other team members accountable for safe patient practices and environment.
- Participates as assigned in Operative Services on-call schedule and arrives on site within 45 minutes. (Not applicable to Float Pool staff).
Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to
Engage in professional nursing.
Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree.
National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Bi or Multilingual.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED