St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Tech Certified/Scheduler (CST), OR
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Shift: 0630-1500, Full Time
Under supervision of the Circulating Nurse, the Surgical Technologist prepares for scheduled procedures and arranges sterile set up of instrument tables according to established protocol. He/she assists surgeons by passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors and anticipating surgeons’ needs during course of procedure. The surgical tech also cleans the operating room and stores equipment and supplies. Schedules patients for outpatient tests, surgery and procedures within the facility (SJMC).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Education, Training & Certification:
- Candidate is a graduate of an accredited educational program for surgical technologists and holds and maintains certification as a surgical technologist. New grads have 180 days after graduation to obtain certification.
- Candidate has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard of the
or in the United States Public Health Service. Surgical technologist certification is preferred. United States of America
- Candidate completed a training program and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009. Surgical technologist certification is preferred.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification is required.
- Requires previous hospital experience and/or experience in a hospital scheduling department or physician’s appointment coordinator or free standing imaging facility with scheduling background. 5 years minimum, highly preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED