Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chief Nursing Officer
at Steward Health Care System
Accountable for the overall day-to-day operation of Nursing Services. Assists in the development and is directly responsible for the implementation of strategic planning within the department of nursing. Areas of responsibility include: Nursing Administrative Services, Critical Care Services, Medical/Surgical Services, Maternal/Child Care Services, Emergency Department, Surgical Services, Cath Lab, Quality and Medical staff services.
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for:
- Providing leadership to nursing staff that will enroll their support, create ownership of goals, and have them actively participate in decisions that impact the hospital.
- Maintaining necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations.
- Partnering with physicians.
- Assisting in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue.
- Creating an environment that will encourage recruiting and retention of clinical employees. Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs.
- Establishing standards for nursing practices and maintain authority, accountability and responsibility for nursing services.
- Developing organizational patient care programs, policies and procedures that describe how nursing care is assessed, delivered and evaluated.
- Developing and managing the nursing services budget and ensuring sufficient number of qualified staff to assess patient needs.
- Plan and provide nursing care interventions and prevent complications, promote improvement and patient comfort and wellness.
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities.
- Representing the nursing services at all meetings including medical staff and hospital board of director meetings; participates with leaders in designing and providing patient care and services. As a member of the Hospitals senior management team, the CNO will participate in functional decision-making processes necessary to the successful attainment of the hospitals mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare clinical matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital.
Years of Related Experience:
- Minimum: 5-8
- Preferred: 8+
- Current/Active Florida Registered Nurse License (RN) OR Approved Multi-State License
- Education: Master’s Degree
Specialized Skills (Required):
- Previous CNE experience preferred
- Progressive management experience
Specialized Skills (Preferred):
- Knowledge of regulatory bodies, including ACHA, JCAHO, HCFA, HIPPA, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills