Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 31736
Location: The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
Posted Date: 7/10/2020
- The nurse practitioner (NP) will abide by the lawful and ethical principles of his/her profession and the staff bylaws, rules and policies of The Medical Center of Southeast Texas.
- The NP will subject his/her performance to, and participate in, quality improvement programs and peer review when applicable.
- The NP will provide appropriate, high quality care; assist in the evaluation and care of acutely and/or chronically ill patients.
- The nurse practitioner (NP) may provide those services specifically authorized for him/her according to the scope of practice mandated by the state. This includes age appropriate care according to the certification of the NP.
- Duties of acts specified for the NP may not exceed the clinical privileges granted at this hospital to his/her collaborating physician.
- The NP may admit, perform history and physical exams, make rounds, and discharge patients. All will be initiated, transcribed and dictated appropriately to ancillary staff.
- The NP may order scheduled/nonscheduled medications and other medical therapies as appropriate. (I.e. activity, diets, etc.)
- The NP may order treatment, laboratory work, diagnostic tests and other ancillary procedures as appropriate.
- The NP may dictate telephone and verbal orders to ancillary staff.
- The NP may council patients/ families on current medical conditions, patient progress, and evolving plan of care.
- The NP may arrange/assist in the arrangements, placement, and aftercare of patients and/or discharge.
- Consult and collaboration with the sponsoring physician will be initiated as needed to ensure competent, safe, and appropriate patient care.
- In upholding their responsibility to The Medical Center of Southeast Texas, the collaborating physician will evaluate and countersign those acts performed by the NP within 24 hours.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- The NP must be a graduate from an accredited advanced practice registered nurse program. (APRN)
- The NP must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of
and recognized by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse qualified to see patients of the ages appropriate to their license and training. (i.e. Family Nurse Practitioners can treat all ages. Pediatric Nurse Practitioners can treat from birth to age 18.) Texas
- The NP must hold a certification in the area of specialty granted by a nationally certifying agency approved by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of
. (Eligible to sit for nationally certifying examination.) Texas
- The NP must hold a current prescriptive privilege number granted by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of
. (Eligible to make application for a prescriptive privilege number.) Texas
- The NP must be eligible for delegated prescriptive privileges by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners. (i.e. DPS and DEA number in good standing)
- Current Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!