The Garden's Rehab and Care Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dietary Service Worker
at The Garden's Rehab and Care Center
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Deliver food to residents in the dining room and room service.
- Take food orders from various departments.
- Clean dishes as needed and assigned within the department including:
- Operate dish washing equipment.
- Distribute and store clean pots, dishes and utensils.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and as needed
- Empty trash containers as required.
- Maintain assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Assist in receiving, labeling, and storing food and supplies
- Complete assigned cleaning assignments as scheduled each shift
- Perform defined work routines, using various dietary utensils, supplies and equipment
- Provide assistance to the cook with food preparation as necessary
- Assist with completing meal service at scheduled times
- Assist in arranging resident diet cards, taking orders, loading food carts and serving meals with proper technique.
- Set up the dining room and serve residents in an efficient manner
- Be knowledgeable of Federal, State, and facilities’ rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- All other assigned tasks
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Various kitchen equipment functions
- Food preparation techniques
- Basic measuring techniques
- Infection control practices
- Sanitization techniques
- Infection control practices
- Use and care of equipment, tools and materials used in food preparation activities.
- Basic math (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and fractions)
- Working independently to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Identify when a situation cannot be handled and know when to ask for help.
- Be sensitive to residents and family members and respond in a professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel, residents and resident family members.
- Read and write clearly.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions.
- Maintain confidentiality and work under pressure in a dynamic environment with changing demands and priorities.
- Comply with facility policies and procedures.
Regular contacts with associate personnel, residents, resident family members and visitors.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work with chemicals and cleaning agents
- Must be able to work in hot/cold/humid/noisy environment
- This position is very active and requires constant physical activities including standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, pulling, kneeling stretching, turning, grasping and reaching all day.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, thoroughness and quality of work assigned.
- Aural acuity to receive detailed information through oral communication, often from persons with speech impairment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 45 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds.
- This job operates in a health care setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the facility.
- This role routinely comes into contact with residents who may have contagious illnesses.
- This is a position in a health care facility that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during inclement weather will be required.
- Safety-sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 23-493.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Prior dishwashing and service experience preferred
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT(S)
- Attend mandatory nursing meetings and continuing education classes that are designated mandatory.
- Obtain/maintain Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card at employee’s expense.
- Obtain/maintain CPR Certification.
- Complete annual Tuberculosis Testing.
- Complete required 12 hours of annual in-service training.
- Obtain/maintain valid Food Handlers Card.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.