The Garden's Rehab and Care Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse Evening Shift Supervisor
at The Garden's Rehab and Care Center
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists in supervising the assignment and scheduling of nursing staff
- Provides nursing care support when needed for resident care
- Assists in solving of nurse service problems
- Have the ability to recognize any changes in condition and notify the physician immediately, asking for appropriate action
- Have the ability to identify when a situation cannot be handled and willing to ask for help
- Must be sensitive to resident’s families and respond in a professional manner
- Adhere to the Arizona State Board of Nursing Rules and Nurse Practice Act
- Responsible for ensuring your nursing license, Fingerprint Clearance Card, and PPD are kept current
- Ensuring all abuse, or suspected abuse, that is witnessed by you, or reported to you, is reported to the DON, ADON, or Administrator immediately
- Works on unit as floor nurse when other coverage cannot be arranged
- Assists in supervising the maintenance of records of nursing, medical and related services including but not limited to:
- Ensuring Admission Assessments are completed timely
- Flu/Pneumovax consents signed and administered per physician orders
- Psychotropic medications have consent obtained with appropriate diagnosis, care plan, and monitoring in place
- Participates in quality assurance programs through communication with ADON/DON and attends quality assurance meetings including but not limited to:
- Quarterly meetings
- Daily intradepartmental meetings
- SWIFT meetings
- Care conferences
- Prepares, implements and evaluates Resident Assessment and Comprehensive Care plan on a regular basis
- Assists in oversight of the availability of supplies and equipment
- Assists in oversight of compliance with facility policies and procedures
- Provides continuing education to nurses regarding policy, procedure, and assessment
- Cooperates with medical staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Medical terminology.
- Safety rules, policies and procedures, infection prevention and control procedures.
- Facility emergency/disaster response and evacuation procedures.
- Resident Rights and identifying abuse and/or neglect.
- Use and care of equipment, tools and materials used in resident care activities.
- Working independently to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Operating a computer utilizing a variety of commonly used and specialized software applications.
- Be sensitive to resident’s families and respond in a professional manner.
- Know your scope of practice and always operate within it.
- Assume charge of personnel and clients assigned to your area.
- Adhere to the Arizona State Board of Nursing Rules and Nurse Practice Act.
- Use diagnostic equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel, residents and resident family members.
- Read and write clearly.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions.
- Maintain confidentiality and work under pressure in a dynamic environment with changing demands and priorities.
- Comply with facility policies and procedures.
Regular contacts with associate personnel, residents, resident family members and visitors.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to bear weight and lift 100 pounds or more.
- Requires constant physical activities including standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, pulling, stretching, turning, grasping and reaching.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, thoroughness and quality of work assigned.
- Aural acuity to receive detailed information through oral communication, often from persons with speech impairment.
- Safety-sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 23-493.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRANING
- Must be a graduate of a state approved school of nursing.
- Must have a current Arizona Registered Nursing License or a current license from a compact license state.
- Must hold a current Arizona State Board nursing license and must maintain license renewal in accordance with the standards of the State Board of Nursing.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT(S)
- Attend mandatory nursing meetings and continuing education classes that are designated mandatory.
- Obtain/maintain Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card at employee’s expense.
- Obtain/maintain CPR Certification.
- Complete annual Tuberculosis Testing.
- Complete required 12 hours of annual in-service training.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.