The Garden's Rehab and Care Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Garden's Rehab and Care Center
This position is responsible for performing resident skin treatments and the direct care of residents. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to communicate with staff and ensure that facility policies and procedures are followed while providing direct resident care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform daily treatment orders.
- Report changes in wound conditions to physician.
- Compile weekly skin report from RN assessments.
- Document resident response to treatments.
- Document description of wounds at least weekly.
- Attend S.W.I.F.T. meetings.
- Monitor resident Braden Scale and ensure skin intervention protocol has been implemented.
- Maintain communication with the interdisciplinary team regarding plan of care.
- Work with nursing staff to implement program to prevent development of preventable skin breakdown.
- Consult with nursing staff members to ensure appropriate interventions are in place for prevention of resident skin breakdown as necessary.
- Supervision of the total nursing care on your wing, for your shift.
- Organize and assign all jobs to be done for your wing, on your shift.
- Responsibility and accountability for all resident medication on your wing, including narcotics.
- Ensure that medication room, medication refrigerators, and medication carts are locked while not in use.
- Adhere to the Nurse Key Ring Policy.
- Adhere to the Controlled Substance Audit Policy and immediately notify the ADON/DON if the count is inconsistent with the log.
- Responsible for education and knowledge of all residents under your care.
- Ensure all C.N.A. assignments are completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Delegate special assignments as needed, as long it’s within C.N.A. scope of practice.
- Follow all physician’s orders, within your scope of practice, including but not limited to:
- Administration of all ordered medications and immunizations.
- Administration of all treatments; skin, wound, respiratory, circulatory, etc.
- Obtain specimens for ordered labs.
- Perform in-house labs such as blood glucose checks and INRs.
- Ensure ordered diagnostics are performed such as: x-rays, CT scans, MRIs, etc.
- Perform rounds for all residents ensuring that Care Plans are followed.
- Assist in writing and updating resident assessments and care plans and have understanding of the MDS and Quality Indicators.
- Note all physician orders received, whether verbal or written. Implement all orders received and transcribe them on the MAR/TAR.
- Round with physicians and note all orders received. Implement all orders and transcribe them on the MAR/TAR.
- Notify the Unit Clerk for appointments that need to be made per physician orders received.
- Recognize and send home any N.A. or C.N.A. that is insubordinate or is failing to meet the standard of care at this facility.
- Ensure the accuracy of your work.
- Conduct complete, accurate, and truthful documentation including:
- Initialing and signing all Medication Administration Records and Treatment Administration records when administering medications, treatments, or dietary supplements. Including documentation to indicate medications, treatments, supplements not administered during your shift.
- All nurse charting including: Daily Scheduled, MDS, Medicare, Charting by Exception, and documentation of lab/diagnostic results.
- Completion of all assigned MDS assessments.
- Ensure an accurate and thorough report is given to the oncoming shift nurse.
- Report any errors made to ADON/DON immediately.
- Ensure all abuse, or suspected abuse, that is witnessed by you, or reported to you, is reported to the DON, ADON, or Administrator immediately.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Medical terminology.
- Safety rules, policies and procedures, infection prevention and control procedures.
- Facility emergency/disaster response and evacuation procedures.
- Resident Rights and identifying abuse and/or neglect.
- Wound Care
- The LPN scope of practice in wound care
- Use and care of equipment, tools and materials used in resident care activities.
- Working independently to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Operating a computer utilizing a variety of commonly used and specialized software applications.
- Recognize any changes in condition and notify the physician immediately, asking for appropriate action.
- Identify when a situation cannot be handled and know when to ask for help.
- Be sensitive to resident’s families and respond in a professional manner.
- Be willing to share preceptor program with the ADON and DON.
- Know your scope of practice and always operate within it.
- Assume charge of personnel and clients assigned to your area.
- Adhere to the Arizona State Board of Nursing Rules and Nurse Practice Act.
- Use diagnostic equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel, residents and resident family members.
- Read and write clearly.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions.
- Maintain confidentiality and work under pressure in a dynamic environment with changing demands and priorities.
- Comply with facility policies and procedures.
Regular contacts with associate personnel, residents, resident family members and visitors.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to bear weight and lift 100 pounds or more.
- Requires constant physical activities including standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, pulling, stretching, turning, grasping and reaching.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, thoroughness and quality of work assigned.
- Aural acuity to receive detailed information through oral communication, often from persons with speech impairment.
- Safety-sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 23-493.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRANING
- Must be a graduate of a state approved school of nursing.
- Must have a current Arizona Nursing License or a current license from a compact license state.
- Must hold a current Arizona State Board nursing license and must maintain license renewal in accordance with the standards of the State Board of Nursing.
- Wound Care background preferred
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT(S)
- Attend mandatory nursing meetings and continuing education classes that are designated mandatory.
- Obtain/maintain Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card at employee’s expense.
- Obtain/maintain CPR Certification.
- Complete annual Tuberculosis Testing.
- Complete required 12 hours of annual in-service training.
Thank you for your interest in our company. We have received your resume and to further evaluate your suitability, we need you to complete an application online. Please click to link to be taken to the job listing site. From here you can find the job you wish to apply for and complete an application.
Once this step is complete, your application will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further review.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.