The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHERN PEAKS REGIONAL TREATMENT CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABRAXAS YOUTH & FAMILY SERVICES-SOUTHERN PEAKS REGIONAL TREATMENT CENTER
This is a direct service position providing a full range of services directed toward the therapeutic care and rehabilitation of adolescents. Incumbent participates in the planning, organization and delivery of cross-disciplinary services, (i.e., case work, counseling, specialized treatment, etc.) according to individual skills and abilities.
- Performs IOP’s, case management, crisis intervention, individual and group counseling.
- Works and counsels with individual residents to effect and monitor treatment and progress.
- Utilizes group-counseling techniques to effectively monitor and enhance treatment progress.
- Contacts residents to evaluate needs and specific requirements.
- Works with colleagues and agency staff to develop specific effective Treatment Plans.
- Works with external agency staff (probation officers, case workers) to understand case history and identify specific treatment needs.
- Coordinates the implementation of treatment related activities.
- Ensures compliance with clinical programming.
- Maintains and completes required documentation prior to the end of the shift. To include: Communication Log, Incident Reports, Progress Notes, and treatment related documentation.
- Prepares reports as required by Abraxas and external sources. To include: Progress Reports, Court Reports, Discharge Summaries, etc.
- Maintains necessary documentation as it relates to individual and group counseling.
- Provides for the physical care and safety of the residents.
- Monitors resident movement.
- Screens residents returning to the facility.
- Reports significant changes in the behavior, attitude, and physical condition of residents to appropriate supervisory staff.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- Supports and promotes the Sanctuary Model and it’s commitments.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and one (1) year experience; OR
- Master’s degree in related field.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (State and FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.