The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CASE MANAGER - Criminal Justice
at The Geo Group
Facility: 3MU - LEXINGTON NC
Compensation Base: $16.44 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides offenders with the tools and knowledge to prepare for reentry into the community through the utilization of Cognitive Behavioral Intervention (CBI), Interactive Journaling, and Life Skills program modules. In addition, this position provides individual and group counseling in areas including self-esteem, problem solving, relationships, and other related issues. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients and other staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates classroom instruction in the areas of career planning, social adjustment, personal management, social skills development, cognitive restructuring and development of problem solving skills.
- Provides individual and group counseling in areas including self-esteem, problem solving, relationships, and other related issues.
- Communicates with inmates regarding the reality of their pre-release activities and plans, defining terminology and identifying community resources.
- Conducts a periodic review of curriculum and resources available to enhance the participants participation in pre-release and life skills programs and activities.
- Maintains class rosters, attendance records, and provides certificates for pre-release life skills program.
- Aids inmates in planning and developing post-release plans and encourages them to assume the responsibility for post-release behaviors and activities.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions.
- Assists in the coordination of resident program schedules to ensure the needs of the participant and goals set by the Individual Program Plan are met.
- Maintains documentation, notes and discharge summaries.
- Performs other as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area preferred.
- 2 years of work experience in a related field; familiarity with community corrections systems and current community corrections practices
- Familiar with community work force needs, public and private agencies and employment NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements. services
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Basic knowledge of case management and referral services.
- Basic knowledge of criminal justice system.
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills