The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CASE MANAGER, TRANSITIONAL (CoC)
at The Geo Group
Facility: Guadalupe County Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for providing transition case management services to inmates in accordance with the requirements of the contract and the principles of the GEO’s Continuum of Care. The key components of the GEO Continuum of Care include specialized staff training, enhanced GEOtrack case management, evidence-based interventions, education and vocational programs, transition planning, and post release support. This position is responsible for working with inmates within one year of release on the development of transition plans and connections to post release community-based resources. It will also provide individual cognitive behavioral treatment sessions and group sessions as warranted.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in appropriate training for designated responsibilities.
- Utilizes GEO’s proprietary electronic case management system “GEOtrack” to record case management notes, track inmate progress with programmatic needs, transition services and final discharge planning with Continuum of Care team.
- Develops detailed knowledge of those assigned to specific caseload. Ensures academic, vocational, evidence based programming, support services and transition needs are addressed through case management plan.
- Develops transition plans in conjunction with inmates and makes appropriate linkages to community resources prior to release.
- Conducts individual and group cognitive behavioral treatment sessions as needed.
- Establishes a relationship with a statewide network of community-based service providers that address inmates’ needs and works with released inmates to eliminate barriers to successful reintegration.
- Actively engages community resources to work with released inmates emphasizing the critical first months of release. Works to connect community resources and pro-social people with inmates prior to release via telephone or through visits at facility.
- Works to ensure inmates obtain eligible benefits and proper identification prior to release.
- Assures timely communication and follow up with State personnel in the best interest of the inmate and successful reintegration.
- Invites community-based providers to participate in resource fairs at the facility.
- Gains an understanding of public domain services such as National Institute of Corrections, National Re-Entry Resource Center, and FDIC MoneySmart program.
- Reviews opportunities to transition inmates into their communities through community-based services such as transition centers and community residential centers.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings, promotes communication and the proper flow of relevant information between admission, staff and inmates.
- Compiles statistical data as needed for reporting purposes.
- Communicate effectively and coherently to administration, staff, inmates, visitors, and the general public, particularly in situations requiring tact, diplomacy, understanding, fairness, firmness and good judgment.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of inmate contacts as detailed in the agency program procedures.
- Performs other related marginal duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, sociology, or a closely related field is desirable.
- Two (2) years of experience working in a correctional setting required.
- Possess or develop a thorough understanding of the Principles of Effective Intervention that empirical evidence demonstrates reduces recidivism
- Must possess the ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Must be flexible, cooperative and empathetic to needs of staff and inmates.
- Ability to prepare written reports; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to learn rules, regulations, and security procedures required by the facility.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.