The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Addiction Counselor - CAC II / III
at The Geo Group
Facility: CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN (CMRC)
Compensation Base: $45,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Treatment Facilitator uses a standard evidence-based cognitive-behavioral therapy curriculum to provide group facilitation of discussions, education, and role-playing strategies for changing criminal and addictive thought patterns and behavior. Treatment modules use a positive peer community setting where the Treatment Facilitator provides structure and direction for the resident community to successfully learn and live-out their treatment day to day.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as on-site administrator of the residential and outpatient treatment program.
- Ensures that proper documentation is in residential and outpatient files and that it conforms to the ACA, ADAD and DCJ standards.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with referring agencies as well as community resource agencies.
- Ensures favorable audit results from funding sources and corrects any deficiencies.
- Coordinates resident intake and orientation services; develops outpatient treatment schedule and coordinates client treatment groups with community resource agencies.
- Compiles data and completes residential and out-patient portion of facility’s monthly report.
- Facilitates the psycho-ed classes and therapies for the residents and assures the residents program is in compliance with DCJ and ACA standards.
- Attends supervising authority administrative hearings [such as who?], parole board hearings and court proceedings.
- Supervises the adjustment of each client’s treatment level and assesses the appropriateness of each client’s assigned level monthly.
- Assists in developing plans for internal training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a human services field.
- One (1) year experience in a mental health setting.
- Master’s Degree in Human Services, social work, psychology, criminal justice or counseling preferred.
- Must have CAC II certification.
- Above average interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the facility, in addition to a variety of outside customers with varying interests.
- Good PC skills plus word processing and spreadsheet software skills such as MS Word, MS Excel, as well as MS Office and Internet navigation.
- Valid driver’s license
- Good visual and auditory acuity for monitoring residents’ behavior.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER