The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
at The Geo Group
Facility: KINGMAN COMPLEX
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides health care for patients at the other facility under the direction of a Registered Nurse. They assist patients under their care perform day-to-day tasks and play a vital role at the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides patient care to inmates.
• Answers patient calls and determines how best to help them.
• Provides physical support for patients with daily activities and personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, using the toilet, walking, standing or exercising.
• Turns and repositions bedridden patients.
• Ensures patients or residents receive appropriate diet by reviewing their dietary restrictions, food allergies and preferences.
• Obtains a wide range of information from physicians, caregivers and nurses about patient conditions, treatment plans, and suggested activities.
• Measures and records food and liquid intake and urinary and fecal output and reports changes to medical or nursing staff.
• Records vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration rate as requested by staff.
• Examines patients to detect issues requiring medical care including open wounds, bruises or blood in urine.
• Reminds patients to take medications and nutritional supplements.
• Notes observations of patient behavior including complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
• Stays up-to-date on CNA training and facility policy and procedure.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Current State Certified Nursing Assistant Certification.
• Current CPR (American Heart Association).
• Nursing degree from a CNA program.
• Ability to think and work independently and with direction and communicate with staff members in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
• Excellent personal hygiene.
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.