The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position assists the Chaplain in providing religious and spiritual opportunities for the inmates of the facility. In addition, the position schedules and coordinates all religious and spiritual services, counseling, and outside volunteer opportunities for the inmates of the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides religious counseling and spiritual guidance within the facility at the direction of the psychology team.
- Assists in planning and coordinating all aspects of the religious program including approval and training of volunteers from faiths represented by the inmate population.
- Assists in making all serious illness, injury, and death notifications to family and inmates when an inmate becomes seriously ill, injured, or expires.
- Assists conducting a religious education programs at the facility. In addition, actively promotes the benefits of the religious education programs and recruits inmates into them.
- Assists inmates in contacting individual with appropriate faith credentials when a religious representative is not readily available at the facility.
- Assist in developing and maintaining communication with community groups and approves equipment and other material donations of equipment for the religious program.
- Helps to assure equal status and protection for all inmate religions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in pastoral counseling, biblical studies, theology, or related degree. Previous pastoral education or equivalent specialized training and endorsement by the appropriate religious certifying body.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates
- Must be able to deal with people in a variety of changing and complex situations.
- General clerical aptitude. Working knowledge of business English, good grammatical and spelling skills, and ability to develop correspondence, reports and operational directives.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.