The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FULL TIME CASE MANAGER, IN-PRISON (IL)
at The Geo Group
Facility: Jacksonville Correctional Center
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is an entry-level position that learns to implement Substance Abuse education and provides case management of the program’s resident to assist them in achieving their established plan
FULL TIME SCHEDULE: MONDAY - FRIDAY 7:00AM - 3:00PM
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides resident case management to coordinate other services, resources and people to assist residents in achieving their established service plan goals.
- Learns the process of preparing and submitting all treatment and educational outlines, lectures, handouts and other relevant materials.
- Maintains records and daily clinical charting as required internally or by the client.
- Learns the methods of implementing substance abuse and life skills assessments and the way of integrating the results into resident client treatment plans.
- Participates in all training and supervision activities as provided for internally or by the client.
- Assists in preparing schedules, reports or other information required for the program and requested by the management or the client.
- In conjunction with the Treatment Alternatives for Safer Communities (TASC) and as part of re-entry process, learns to assess the resident’s aftercare needs, issues, and services.
- Learns to provide counseling to residents, family or significant others as requested by the management or correctional staff.
- Coordinates individual clinical care of assigned resident caseload.
- Participates in treatment planning and conferences.
- Observes and supervises resident interactions.
- Assists in providing individual and group therapy or counseling. In conjunction with higher level position, meets with assigned residents as necessary.
- Maintains and updates residents’ records and documents program in charts.
- Performs Additions Severity Index ASI assessments and any other required assessment instruments.
- Assists client’s staff in monitoring offender behavior and developing intervention plans regarding difficult offenders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in a social or human services field preferred.
- One to three years’ experience in human service activities preferred
- Experience providing human service activities preferred.
- Certification in Alcohol and Drug Counseling within two (2) years of employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER