The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mental Health Therapist
at The Geo Group
Facility: Cheyenne Mountain (CMRC)
Compensation Base: $55,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides individual or group facilitation of discussions, education, and role playing strategies for changing criminal and addictive thought patterns and behavior using a standard evidence-based cognitive behavioral therapy curriculum. Treatment modules use a positive peer community setting where the position provides structure and direction for the resident community to successfully learn and live out their treatment on a day-to-day basis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsels clients in individual or group sessions to assist them in dealing with substance abuse, mental or physical illness, poverty, unemployment, or physical abuse.
- Monitors, evaluates and records client progress with respect to treatment goals.
- Interviews clients, reviews records, conducts assessments and confers with other professionals to evaluate the mental or physical condition of clients.
- Collaborates with Counselors, Physicians, or Nurses to plan and coordinate treatments drawing on social work experience and client needs.
- Serves as on-site administrator of the residential and outpatient treatment program.
- Ensures that proper documentation is in residential and outpatient files and that it conforms to the ACA, ADAD and DCJ standards.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with referring agencies as well as community resource agencies.
- Ensures favorable audit results from funding sources and corrects any deficiencies.
- Coordinates resident intake and orientation services; develops outpatient treatment schedule and coordinates client treatment groups with community resource agencies.
- Compiles data and completes residential and out-patient portion of facility’s monthly report.
- Facilitates the psycho-education classes and therapies for the residents and assures the residents program is in compliance with DCJ and ACA standards.
- Supervises the adjustment of each client’s treatment level and assesses the appropriateness of each client’s assigned level monthly.
- Assists in developing plans for internal training.
- Provides on call mental health coverage on a rotating basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master degree from an accredited college or university in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling.
- Registered with state in which the position functions and is fully licensed as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) is required.
- One (1) year experience in a mental health setting.
- Valid driver’s license.